Sunday, February 26, 2006

Obsessed




I love --I mean LOVE--bath products. Lotions, shower gels, shampoos etc. I love it all. I am not proud to admit that I totally judge hotels by the bath products they carry. I do not mean I call them and ask them prior to staying at a hotel, but if the hotel I am staying in has stellar bath products then that totally gets points from me. Also hotels with shower DOORS as opposed to shower curtains get major points from me--but that is a whole other obsession. I have many.

The last hotel I stayed in on the island of Maui carred Miller Harris bath products. FREAKIN MILLER HARRIS! I was shocked. I have stayed some nice places that carry some fine bath products, but Miller Harris?!?! I love Miller Harris. I know I am lame to take a picture of the bath products at my hotel, but did I mention that is was MILLER HARRIS?

Even my husband was into it. One night while sitting at the beach the wind wafted a beautiful smell my way. I was like "Hmm something smells great. Could it be the night blooming jasmine? The smell of the plumeria freshly bloomed on the trees? The pure beautiful Hawaiian Hibiscus bush just over my shoulder?" My husband sheepishly says that he thinks it is the smell of the MILLER HARRIS conditioner that he used that evening. This beautiful bath array inspired my husband to use conditioner! It is miracle broth, and it smells so good.

When I use up some of the bath stuff I already have, I am for sure going to purchase some more Miller Harris stuff.

Just to prove how much I love bath products, I will throw in a picture of my bath gel shelf by my tub--please note this is only a small sampling of stuff I have hanging around. I swear it is really an obsession. Oh and look, hanging out on the left hand side of the shelf just happens to be some Miller Harris bath oil. No, I did not take it from the hotel. The hotel only had small little sizes, and they had no oils.

9 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Sounds about mormal to me!

Beautiful collection, Jen!

Hugs and kisses, to you, Forrest and Nikki, from myself and Astro (I will not let him die.)

7:17 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I love baths. And bath tubs. That's my obsession. So, needless to say, bath products rank pretty high on the list as well. You are not alone.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Annieytown said...

I am on a "no buy" when it comes to bath/shower gels until I use my huge supply up. I had a huge collection.
Now...I am at the bottom of the barrel so to speak. I have to stay strong till the end. Its killing me.

3:24 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Well, you will have to spill your faves I guess, whenever you get a chance to pop back in here and respond to comments :)

I love when the smell of a good soap, lotion, etc. catches us unawares, so that we end up surprising ourselves with our choices.

2:13 PM  
Blogger jOoLz said...

i'm currently enjoying some acqua di parma i snaked from the st. regis resort in monarch beach, ca.

i even called housekeeping and told them i needed more.

i figure i scored close to $200 worth of products. :)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Jonna--
What hotel did you stay in when you visited Miami? I have never been to Miami.

Hi Barb--
Big hugs to you!

Hello Tessa,
Validation! I am glad to know I am not the only weirdo!

Hey Annie--
I am on an unofficial no buy too. Well I am TRYING. I am only buying things to give as gifts.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Katie,

I love so many things, but some of my faves are:
Jo Malone bath oils
Lush bath bombs
Chanel bath gels
An Italian one that smells of heliotrope--sorry the name escapes me

I could go on for days.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Joolz,

Thanks for visiting! I love Aqua di Parma. All their scents seem so clean smelling--except the one that smells like root beer. I like it, but it smells like root beer.
I have always wanted to stay at a St. Regis hotel. The one in NYC is amazing!
Have a great day!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Sand said...

I'm a bath product junkie! When my sister was working in hospitality she used to send me packages filled with bath products that the hotel no longer carried.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home