Sunday, August 14, 2005

This is dedicated to the one I love.


Today my beloved, devoted, beautiful, and sometimes gassy Dalmation turns 10 years old. I have had Forrest since he was 6 weeks old. He has been a constant companion for 10 whole years. That is one third of my life. I feel lucky he has lived this long. Many people have told me that Dals do not live very long past 7. At 7 he started getting some kidney problems, and had to go on medication. Since then he has been really healthy (knock wood). He is the most affectionate animal I have ever met. I love that he is so affectionate, but if you are not familiar with Dalmations--let me give you a heads up--they shed. Bad. Very bad. Their hair is like little needles that get lodged EVERYWHERE! So, even though I love to love on Forrest and let him sit on my lap, my dry cleaner hates my guts! HA

My Forrest is very needy and whiney most of the time. He is not good with children, and he hates crowds, and men. I guess in a lot of ways Forrest is just like me! HA!

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Homey Homerton Peter Pie Pedro Muy Guapo Monkey Dog!

I love you!

Jen

6 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

You gotta love the sweet devoted doggies, even the sometimes gassy ones. From what I've heard, too, ten years of more or less good health is pretty good. My aunt's family has always had dalmations off and on through the years, and they were all such nice dogs. Very sweet tempered, as I recall.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Sand said...

Happy Birthday Forest!! Hope you got lots of treats!

1:35 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Katie, N, and Sand--

Thanks for your nice words to Sweet Forrest.

Hugs!
Jen

8:49 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Belated, but beloved birthday wishes to the love of Jen's live, Forrest.

I know he is your true soul mate and great love of your life.

May he live to be 200 (in dog years.)

xoxoxox
B & Astro

3:02 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Oh I love dogs! I got the lap types but I'm sure your Forrest is really one sweet fella~~

3:31 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Barb and Crystal-

Thanks for the nice words!

Welcome to my humble blog Crystal.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home