Friday, April 11, 2008

Diamancels are a girl's best friend!

'Tis approaching Spring and I do not know about you, but I am so ready for sandals and flip flops and pedicures and letting the air hit my feet. My tootsies are tired of being cooped up in socks and shoes during this long, cold winter. This time of year, I am loving my DIAMANCEL FOOT BUFFER to get my feet in shape for Spring and Summer!

One thing I cannot stand is crusty heels. You have seen them..... in the checkout line at the grocery store, at the pool, lurking in various shoe stores, etc. It is all I can do not to offer vaseline to these flaky footed folks. I know there are some health issues that lend themselves to dry and cracked heels (diabetes to name one), and please know I am not referring to anyone with any of these ailments. I am talking to those people who are just too lazy to pay a little more attention to their hooves. Vaseline or baby oil can work wonders--and they are both very inexpensive. Before bed, apply vaseline or oil to dry feet then put on socks and sleep through the night then *voila* wake up to softer and prettier feet. I happen to use Vitamin A&D ointment (without zinc) and it is very inexpensive and works like a dream too.
In order to keep your feet in tip top shape, you must exfoliate the dead skin off. In the past I had always used a pumice stone after I had soaked my feet, but with the Diamancel Foot Buffer, you can file away on dry feet. It seems industrial strength and it REALLY gets the dry skin off. I would adivse to put a towel under your feet to catch all the dry skin--EWWWWW --I know, but seriously there will be skin....dry, unsightly skin.
I was introduced to the Diamancel Foot Buffer when I got a pedicure at the BLISS spa in Chicago. It is a little pricey, but it is worth every penny--especially when you think of the money it could potentially save you on professional pedicures. If you are like me, you will get pedicures anyway, but the Diamancel can truly help in between pedis.
So if not for yourself, do it for all the innocent bystanders who must look at your feet this summer! Just kidding--but the Diamancel is wonderful!
Happy Exfoliating!
(photo from http://www.diamancel.com/ , and you can find this product at http://www.biss.com/, and http://www.amazon.com/)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL ah... glad i live in San Diego. My feet are flip flop ready all year long. My white legs on the other hand....

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Im glad I live in San Diego, my feet are flip flop ready all year long. My white legs on the other hand....

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flakey Footed Folks. I know exactly what you are talking about. yuck.
I have never heard of this brand of callous remover before.
Thank you for the rec.

6:48 AM  
Blogger MISS S said...

That sounds cool about the buffer. Summer or not hardly anyone sees my hooves.
xo

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must try this out. The use of hooves is funny.
I hate dry flaky feet. You are right, vaseline (petrolatum) is inexpensive and works well.

7:15 PM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Yep, that's one of the great things about living in California. Even when it's a little nippy, we still wear our flippies, hee, hee!

Hugs!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home