Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day and TAGGED by Swish Style

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! I hope all of you have a wonderful V-day full of love and sunshine. This is me in front of the LOVE art sign in NYC on 6th and 55th...or at least I think it is 6th and 55th. I kinda love that sign.

Also-
Nicky over at SWISH STYLE tagged me to answer some media habit questions. Nicky is a lovely lady with a very nice blog and great taste...stop on over and say hello to her.
Here are my answers:
Books-
I love to read. I like all kinds of books except cheesy romance novels and science fiction. I love books that make me laugh. I will read anything by David Sedaris or Anthony Bourdain. I love travel narrative books and I love anything interesting. I like silly chick books from the likes of Jane Green or Amy Drake or Candice Buschnell. I loved "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I love true crime books and I dig Ann Rule. I love Stephen Clarke who writes hateful books about living in Paris. I could go on for days about books I love.
T.V.-
Hmmm..I love the Travel Channel and the Food Network--travel and food are 2 of my favorite things. I love Anthony Bourdain's show called "No Reservations"--which is all about travel and food too. I love a show called "Neat". It is on HGTV and it takes place in Canada. It is a show about clearing clutter and redecorating. I also love Project Runway, Survivor, Top Chef ETC.
I love The Office-( Brit and Us versions), Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras, Friends reruns, and Sex In The City reruns. I think I am going to like Lipstick Jungle, however Cashmere Mafia did not entertain me in the least. I love all improv shows--Saturday Night Live, Mad TV, etc. I like any TV with witty writing--which there is VERY little of these says--writers strike not withstanding. I am probably forgetting some of my fave shows, but you get the idea.
Music-
I like EVERYTHING except heavy metal. I am really into indie music and although I do not hate everything on conventional/mainstream radio, I do not go out of my way to listen to it either. I like European music and music that moves me. I love jazzy -bluesy stuff too. I love music by true artists and not crap done mostly with machines. I also love old school Rod Stewart and Journey and stuff like that. I wish I could sing or play an instrument. I played the flute when I was in middle school, but I am talking about a real instrument like guitar or drums. You really cannot really jam like a rock star while tooting a flute.
I will be out of town for the next few days, so again, lovely Valentine's Day to all and thanks again for the tag Nicky!
(photo property of MonkeyPosh LLC)

7 Comments:

Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I beg to differ. I personally can rock my socks off while tooting a flute.

That show "Neat" reeeally sounds like one I would like. I love to organize & reorganize, but I'm never really very organized. I am going to check out some of your book/author recommendations. I think we have mostly similar tastes.

Yes... I'm glad the damn strike is over. Now, maybe we can get some new shows, instead of ones that I have seen 12 times. And, hell yes... Friends reruns are the greatest. I have no other way of staying sane while I am playing "early evening mommy" (checking homework, ironing tomorrow's outfits for the brood, eating 8 chocolate chip cookies while my kids eat their healthy, well-balanced supper)

Enjoy your latest travel. (where are you??) Loves to you my friend.

PS My new word verification today is: qwunch. (as in: want to twy these new qwackers? they have a lot of qwunch.)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did not know you played the flute!!! It IS a real instrument. Now the Kazoo is a different story.

"You really cannot really jam like a rock star while tooting a flute."

What about Jethro Tull?

Have a great weekend, wherever the road may lead you!

8:38 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

And, the same to you, love!

Hey, I love Ann Rule, too! "The Stranger Beside Me" was one of the scariest books I have ever read. It proved the point that you never really know about people...

Hugs and love!

9:27 AM  
Blogger k said...

i love "neat" too. yes, cashmere mafia is dreadful, and so far i'm only liking lipstick jungle because of the foxy boy kim raver has taken up with! must find out who that actor is... :)
hope you're having a great weekend!

10:36 AM  
Blogger priscilla said...

Hi Jen! I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day! I had to laugh at your "you can't really jam while tooting a flute" comment--hilarious!

I think we have the exact same television habits, too!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where the heck are you? I miss your posts.
Are you aware you have not done anything about fashion or beauty in over a month? What gives Monkey?
Come back to those who love you.
Good day to you bunchie.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

**To All--
So sorry, but I had no idea I had these comments. For some reason they all went straight to comment moderator and I was not notified. SO SORRY. I think it is fixed now and thanks so much for commenting.

**SwirlyGirlC-
Anyone who can rock a song like "Farmer Tan" can surely rock a flute! HA.
"Neat" is a really good show. The host is named Helen Buttegieg and she is one of my girl crushes. I want my house to be organized and look like a show house--but that will never happen.
As the lovely and wise Violet Noir says below--"The Stranger Beside Me" by Ann Rule is so creepy and good. Ann also wrote a book about Thomas Copano and Ann Marie Fahey called "And Never Let Her Go" (I think that is what it is called) that is good too. Her true crime books are great, but I am not a fan of her fiction books.
QWUNCH!!!! You always get the best words!
Hugs to you my friend. I hope you and D had a lovely V-day!

**Hi Scott-
Is this Proofie? Why are you now Scott and not WIW? I love the Kazoo and the Spoons. I want to learn to play the spoons.
Hmm Jethro Tull? I do not think I like him....do I?

**Hello Dear R-
How are you? I hope you and handsome hubby and the kiddos had a great V-day. I am going to write you later about your meeting with Sir Burr. How exciting. Ang told me he is quite dashing. I saw a pic of him and Iris--he is so tall and handsome!
I agree about Ann Rule and the Ted Bundy book--so scary. Will write later.
xoxo

**Hi K-
How are you and the beautiful family? I hope all is well. I agree Cashmere Mafia is awful. Lipstick Jungle seems to have a little bit more oomph and heart. Ah yes KIRBY ATWOOD......swoon. I need me one of those. I looked him up on IMBD his name is Richard or something like that. I had never heard of him, but FOXY indeed!

**Hi GreenEyes-
How are you? I hope you had a wonderful V-Day too. I used to think I was jamming on my flute--I was all proud. I have often thought of getting a flute now that I am an adult and seeing if I can still toot that booger!!
Are you an Anthony Bourdain fan too? I dig him.
Have a beautiful day!!

**Hi Shiloh-
Thanks for missing me, and you crack me up when you call me "bunchie". I know--I have been so off blogging lately. With the weather and our many wrecks, I have just been uninspired and busy.
I will hop back on the blogging horse soon.
Have a great day BUNCHIE!
xo

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home