Monday, June 01, 2009

Happy June 1.

Where the heck have I been? I know.

I really needed a break from blogging (and lots of other things in my life) the past few months. I decided to focus on things like traveling and spending more time with my loved ones. I really appreciate all the notes and e-mails asking where I was and telling me you missed me. It means a lot to me.
So, I have been on a few trips since last I blogged and here are some photos of 3 of my most recent trips.

In February we went to the Hawaiian Island of Kauai. It was our second time there and I think Kauai is my favorite out of all the Islands.
This was the view from our place. I wanted to move in.
It was whale watching season, so of course we partook in some whale activities. Captian Don is awesome for a laid back, personalized boat tour. You can find him here http://www.captaindonsfishing.com/ . The website has a lot of fishing information, but he does any kind of boating adventure you would like. He will also give you restaurant suggestions, and any other information you need about Kauai. Oh and his first mate watches reality TV, so when I got bored with the whales, we talked all about The Real Housewives of Orange County. I was in heaven.

Gorgeous Kauai sunset. Deep sigh.

I also went to London. It was amazing. I loved it and did not want to come home. I had wonderful weather and such a lovely time.

I got my eyebrows threaded for the first time and I loved it. I always said I would be too scared to get my brows threaded as I am a wax type of girl, but after some champagne and a manicure from the Champagne Nail Bar at Harvey Nichols, it sounded like a grand idea. When you are a dehydrated and jetlagged traveler, a glass of champagne makes a lot of things sound like a good idea. Proceed with caution.

I also went to Boston to see the Celtics beat the Bulls. I am a lifelong die hard Celtics fan....since the days of Bird, Walton, McHale, Ainge, etc. I had never been to the Boston Garden so it was a thrill and a dream come true.


The Celtics won which made the experience that much sweeter. Go Pierce!

This week I plan on doing a big giveaway, so please stay tuned, and thanks again for checking in on me during my truant blogging period.
This last photo was taken in Chicago and I am only adding it because it cracks me up and I am easliy entertained--it is one of the many perks of being an only child.

Have a wonderful evening.

(all photos property of MonkeyPosh LLC)

10 Comments:

Blogger violetnoir said...

Do you know how much I have missed your posts, J?

Welcome back!

Oh, and you need to take your travels out West again...pretty please??? :):)

Hugs and love!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I can see the Threadless tee now - "Crafty Beaver Does it Best". So glad you're back!

7:52 AM  
Anonymous janinnan said...

As always you are entertaining and funny. Love the travel photos. Glad to know you are doing so well. you have been missed.
Jan from Nan

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! :)

6:05 AM  
Anonymous lemon_cookie said...

great photos. great travels.
I love the picadilly circus one. colorful and fun. was that in the movie knotting hill with Hugh Grant?

7:31 AM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I'm so happy you are back!!!
Lovely photos as always, missed you!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

The Crafty Beaver sign rocks. I should have had that on my house, back in the Cleaver days! :) I have missed you so much. I sent you an email and I got an error. I was lazy and didn't retype. I suck.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous man_over_board said...

whoo. Glad to see you are amongst the living. I was beginning to wonder if you died or something.
The Beaver photo makes me laugh, as does your love of the Celtics. Get a real team Monkey.
Your photos of London inspire me to travel. You had such blue skies. Rare in London.

Man

9:48 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello R-

Thanks for checking in on me, and thanks also for your kind words. I most certainly want to head out to LA for some R&R =Robin and Relaxation! HA
Please take good care!

HI J-
Yes, I most def want one of those shirts. I am sure there has to be shirts somewhere.
Thanks for your kind words.

Hi Jan_in_Nan-
Thanks for stopping by and visiting. I hope you are doing great on the lovely island of Nantucket.

Jaime-
Thanks for dropping in and thanks for nice comment!

Hi Lemon-
Thank you! I honestly do not remember if Picadilly Circus was in the movie Knotting Hill or not. I know the Portobello Road Market was in it and that is not too far form Picadilly Circus. Have a lovely day!

Hi Jacki-
How are you and the fam? Thanks for your sweet words. Missed you too!

Swirl Maven-
Girl--I miss you!!! We need to chat sometime soon! I loved the photos of Baby Cay, and I tried to comment, but I do not think it ever let me. I get so mad when my computer messes up.
YOu FOR SURE need a Crafty Beaver sign and shirt!!!!

Man Over Board-
Ahem...The Celtics are the REALEST team ever. Why hate? Yes I was blessed with very good weather whilst in London. Gorgeous.

12:46 PM  
Blogger MISS S said...

I cannot believe we have never spoken about threading!

Glad u r back!!
xoxo

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home