Wednesday, March 15, 2006

QUIRKY


My friend Annie at BlogdorfGoodman. blogspot.com tagged me (along with all her readers) to list 5 weird or quirky facts about myself...so here goes

1. I love cabbage...raw or cooked, green or purple. Sometimes for lunch I will eat a half of a head of cabbage with fresh chives sprinkled on top then some sort of dressing. My favorites are ranch or a little bit of fresh squeezed lemon mixed with olive oil. I eat it with a knife and a fork as if it were a piece of steak. I truly love cabbage.

2. I CANNOT eat raw tomatoes. They gross me out, however I love tomato juice, tomato paste, tomato sauce, marinara sauce etc. I like every variation of tomato except the tomato itself.

3. I have a huge fear of failure. Being an only child and having 2 very militant parents--I was expected to always be perfect...look perfect, act perfect etc. Failing was never OK. So as an adult I have a HUGE fear of failure.

4. I am very into hands. I love a well groomed hand. I do not have particularly beautiful hands, but my hands are always well groomed. If someone has nasty, dirty, janky fingernails that is a total turnoff to me. Dirty hands gross me out. There are exceptions--I know that if you are working in the dirt or something like that there is going to be dirt on the hands, but AS SOON as the work is done the hands should be clean. NO EXCUSES!

5. One of the ways I seek validation is through humor. We all seek validation people! In school I was never the smartest girl or the prettiest girl, but I was always the funny girl. People wanted to hang around me because I was funny --and I like to think, because I was nice. In fact, a couple of years ago one of my friends said she bet I was never Prom Queen becasue I was just too nice--which I took as a huge compliment. Now that I am an adult I find that funny people are whom I am drawn to. I think funny is one of the most attractive characteristics a person can have. Or at least that is what I tell myself--HA!

The picture is from a Three's Company website. I posted it because the Ropers are very quirky. They are great. Norman Fell's facial expression is priceless! I am sure they would be happy to know their characters are being honored in this post.


EDITED---Ok--Risa is a smart ass, and I am a nimrod as I mentioned before. I miscounted due to the fact that I was distraceted by all the people in my house speaking to me in languages I do not understand.

12 Comments:

Blogger Annieytown said...

Love the answers peej!
The public love of cabbage cracked me up. I am a fan of the purple leaf cabbage. Have it every day on my work salad.
BTW: I can not believe you and melvis can not find vanilla nut creamer in the windy city. That is insanity. Your town is being robbed of the best creamer ever!!!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Yesrie said...

You're just quirky enough! {{{shoves unsightly neglected hands in pockets}}}

"I am sure they would be happy to know their characters are being honored in this post."

I'm sure they're smiling down on you, J :-)

Yez

2:45 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I love Three's Company -- it's one of my favorite shows of all time.

And your list seems the perfect blend of quirk!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Annie-
Oh if I did not already have a blog name, I would so pick Public Love of Cabbage as my name. Wouldn't that be a great name for a band?
Alas, Melvis and I are doomed to endure gas enducing powder creamers for all eternity!

Hello Yesrie,
I am sure your hands are lovely---it is just the dirt caked under the fingernails that gets me every time. I take pride in being quirky. You seem a little quirky too! Quirky is good.
(((Ropers))

3:02 PM  
Blogger risa said...

i know i shouldn't point this out, but the fact that your two entries for #3 are both about children and childhood fascinates me no end. you are a VERY intriguing woman!

i was so sad when Norman Fell died :(

great list, regardless!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Sand said...

Oh man I love the Ropers! Did you ever see their spinoff - The Ropers? Three's Company was seriously one of the best shows ever!

"In school I was never the smartest girl or the prettiest girl"

You must have gone to school with a bunch of genius models then because not only are you hysterical but you're brilliant and gorgeous!

7:22 PM  
Blogger risa said...

arrghh, you shouldn't have edited! i KNEW i shouldn't have said anything! next time i'm keeping my big fat mouth covered with both hands ;)

8:04 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

I am with you on cabbage. I love cabbage in any form, at any time of the day :-) Cabbage Girls unite!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Tessa-
Me too--I love Three's Company. When I was little all my friends loved Sean Cassidy and Greg Brady, but I loved John Ritter (RIP) when I look back on the reruns he is still so hot in his bumbling QUIRKY way.



Risa-
HA! I am glad you said something. Everyone else just let me carry on looking like I cannot count!
It is a good thing I am able to laugh at myself! xoxo

Hello Lovely Sand--

Yes I watched the spinoff The Ropers! I want to find one of Helen's moomoos on E-bay! That would be so fun! ((helen and stanley))
Thanks for the kind words! You are WAY too nice, and I am blushing!

Columbina-

ROFL! INDEED Cabbage Girls Unite.
Cabbage Power Baby! It is very healthy for us!!!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

J, OH. MY. GOSH.

With the exception of the cabbage, all of your quirky traits apply to me, too! To a t!

And we are both the pale folk as well!

We must meet next time you are in NYC.

xoxo,
K.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello K!

Hooray--glad to know I am in good company! Annie says we could be long lost sisters!
We for sure have to meet up next time I hit NYC!

xo
J

8:31 AM  
Blogger EMILY said...

GIRL, you ain't no PROM QUEEN!

P.S. Where are the bathrooms?

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home