My friend Annie at BlogdorfGoodman. blogspot.com tagged me (along with all her readers) to list 5 weird or quirky facts about myself...so here goes
1. I love cabbage...raw or cooked, green or purple. Sometimes for lunch I will eat a half of a head of cabbage with fresh chives sprinkled on top then some sort of dressing. My favorites are ranch or a little bit of fresh squeezed lemon mixed with olive oil. I eat it with a knife and a fork as if it were a piece of steak. I truly love cabbage.
2. I CANNOT eat raw tomatoes. They gross me out, however I love tomato juice, tomato paste, tomato sauce, marinara sauce etc. I like every variation of tomato except the tomato itself.
3. I have a huge fear of failure. Being an only child and having 2 very militant parents--I was expected to always be perfect...look perfect, act perfect etc. Failing was never OK. So as an adult I have a HUGE fear of failure.
4. I am very into hands. I love a well groomed hand. I do not have particularly beautiful hands, but my hands are always well groomed. If someone has nasty, dirty, janky fingernails that is a total turnoff to me. Dirty hands gross me out. There are exceptions--I know that if you are working in the dirt or something like that there is going to be dirt on the hands, but AS SOON as the work is done the hands should be clean. NO EXCUSES!
5. One of the ways I seek validation is through humor. We all seek validation people! In school I was never the smartest girl or the prettiest girl, but I was always the funny girl. People wanted to hang around me because I was funny --and I like to think, because I was nice. In fact, a couple of years ago one of my friends said she bet I was never Prom Queen becasue I was just too nice--which I took as a huge compliment. Now that I am an adult I find that funny people are whom I am drawn to. I think funny is one of the most attractive characteristics a person can have. Or at least that is what I tell myself--HA!
The picture is from a Three's Company website. I posted it because the Ropers are very quirky. They are great. Norman Fell's facial expression is priceless! I am sure they would be happy to know their characters are being honored in this post.
EDITED---Ok--Risa is a smart ass, and I am a nimrod as I mentioned before. I miscounted due to the fact that I was distraceted by all the people in my house speaking to me in languages I do not understand.