Friday, June 02, 2006

Folks that make a Monkey smile--Anthony Bourdain


Chef, writer, tv host, and all around hilarious guy, Anthony Bourdain has a new book out called The Nasty Bits. If his other books are any indication , then The Nasty Bits is sure to be an irreverent and humorous take on the culinary world (New York City and beyond). I have not started the book yet, but I purchased it yesterday at Borders and I intend to dive into it as a I ride the train to Chicago today. I am very much looking forward to it, because I love Anthony's humor and writing!

The Nasty Bits is a collection of Mr. Bourdain's adventures and misadventurs as he globe trots cooking and eating the food of the world. I think I will be familiar with some of his stories, as I am an AVID watcher of his show "No Reservations" that comes on the Travel Channel Monday nights at 9pm.
You can read more of my adoration of Anthony and more about his show
here .


If you have any kind of sense of humor, and you love food, then by all means watch Anthony Bourdain's show and read his books. He is awesome and I am a huge fan!
Oh and if you are ever in NYC try his restaurant Les Halles. I have heard they have the best steaks anywhere!


I will leave you with the infamous words of one Mr. Bourdain,

BE A TRAVELER NOT A TOURIST!


(photo from www.amazon.com )

1 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Never heard of him, dear Jen.

Since Bourdain is recommended by you, I am sure he will be a 'top dog.' (not literally)

I think you might like this new post I have up since it involves fragrances....

xoxox to F & N

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home