Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Obsessions

Happy Monday.

Today is a good day. It has been fairly sunny and warm around here , so that is very good. I have been working on trying to organize all my makeup and beauty items and sadly this will require buying another shelf to put it all on. Between purchases and freebies I am feeling a bit knee deep in the hoopla. I am fortunate to have a lot of stuff to play with though--and like my husband says--all the makeup and perfume keeps me entertained and out of the bars. He is a funny, funny man. Please.
To celebrate our lovely, albeit rare weather, I wanted talk today about some things I have been obsessing over. Please induldge me for a moment if you will.

The Real Housewives of New York. I am not sure why, but I just keep watching it. The Real Housewives of Orange County were much more fun, but these East coast ladies engage me.
Alex--WHATEVER. Such a poser. Sadly I know someone very much like her who lives outside New York City. So pretentious. Her co-dependence on her husband skeeves me so bad. Do people really act like that? I almost think Alex and Simon HAVE to be acting for the cameras.
The redhead-what is her name? Everytime I hear her on TV I think it is Joy Behar. Me and Bawbby this .....me and Bawbby that.
Ramona--good at tennis and has a cute husband and cute daughter.
The Countess--she seems really fun, but saying a service person is like a child and they must address her as Mrs. Delesepps (or however you spell it) is so snobbish. Who knows, if I were a Countess maybe I would be the same way, but I sure hope not.
Betheny--she is the only one I think I could stand. Betheny came by all her success through hard work, and not a wedding band. She seems fun and she is gorgeous.
Tomorrow is the season finale of this season, so I am sure Bravo will have a marathon tomorrow during the day--HOORAY!
Obv I spend WAY too much time watching Bravo. Whatever. Tacky cable television keeps me out of the bars too.

I am love love loving this John Frieda Frizz Ease Night Formula. You put it on dry hair before bed....sleep....then wake up and wash your hair and it is wonderful. It seriously helps my frizzy, pourous, unruly, red heap. I know I talk about my love/hate relationship with my hair a lot on this blog, but please allow me a query of my friends and readers-- What do you, gentle readers think of highlights on red hair? I have had highlights for over a year and I am thinking seriously about getting rid of them. My blogging buddy Jamie has the prettiest, most vibrant, natural red hair. After meeting her, I really lamented my highlights. Another thing I have been obsessing over is Karen Elson's hair color.
I have seen her in person, and her hair is beautiful. I think I want to get rid of all my blonde and go bold and red again like Karen and Jamie. Anyone know a great hairdresser who can do this red? I have had red done wrong so many times. I am also obsessing about this Diet Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper. I am not sure if I really like it or not, but I am low-carbing so ANYTHING with the name chocolate that has ZERO carbs is worthy of massive obsession at this point in the game. To me, it tases like a liquid Tootsie Pop--you know the suckers with Tootsie Roll stuff in the middle. I never really loved Tootsie Pops, but I cannot quit drinking this stuff. Three weeks without carbs can make you a freak.

Another obsession this week is the new Jo Malone Dark Amber and Ginger Lily perfume. I cannot find a photo, but it is amazing. I will do a full review a little later, but it is limited edition so if you sniff it and you like it, I would suggest getting it.

Care to share any of your obsessions this week?

Lovely day to all.

(photos from asseenon.com, http://www.johnfrieda.com/ , http://www.style.com/ , and I do not remember where I got the other one--sorry.)

13 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Thanks for the props on my hair - I, too, had blonde highlights for years, then went to hell and back trying to get rid of them. My advice? Go light brown for awhile - otherwise you'll end up pink or green. For reals.

As for Real Housewives, I share your obsession - and I have a theory. The OC version of the show didn't really engage viewers because people assume that any rich bitch from LA MUST be completely crazy. They don't call it "La La Land" for nothing. New York, on the other hand, is universally beloved and everyone feels they own a small piece of it, in a sense. Therefore, these women seem more normal, which makes their craziness, money, and general dysfunction seem almost endearing.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Patricia Perry said...

I watch "Real Housewives of NYC" occassionally - do you remember that Bethenny was the runner-up on Martha's Stewart's "Apprentice" show a couple of years ago? She looked SO familiar, and them I remembered where I'd seen her before.

I am currently obsessed with Coke Zero (it really tastes like real Coke!) and with finding non-dowdy clothes that pack well and can be washed out in the sink for my upcoming trip to China. Also obsessed with finding toiletries I can take in my carry on, not in the damn zip lock bag. Any ideas?

7:19 AM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I think your hair DOES look like the picture... only curlier. You have highlights? I do not believe you. :) You know I have started to add brown back in to get rid of the blonde. I didn't like at first, but it is growing on me. I would pay good $ for your hair color, though.
My daughter loves the new DDP, although I don't even like the regular, sugar/carb laden DP, much less the Diet ones. How is the no carb going?
I am not obsessed with anything at the moment -- other than cold medicine. blah. I will email you soon. I haven't forgotten -- I'm just a loser! Loves.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I am intrigued by the Frieda product. I have only tried one JF product, the frizz ease serum, and I couldn't stand the strong scent of it and never really thought it did anything for me. But this "leave in overnight and wash out" sounds very appealing. Is the scent the same as the original serum?

I think that blonde highlights in red hair can look really pretty and fun, but I also like the more muted beauty of straight-up natural red. I think you should give that a try to change things up, and you can always get highlights again if you find that you prefer them.

Thanks for the rec on the JM Dark Amber & Ginger Lily--I am going to have to sniff that this weekend!

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you have nice weather.
In my country we do not have Real Housewives or Diet Choc Cherry Dr. Pepper. But we do have John Frieda and Jo Malone. Thank you for your suggestions.

You have such an odd take on everything, but that is good.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Always In Style said...

We share your Housewives obsession as well - check out the recap on our blog!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hi Jamie-
You are welcome. Yikes--pink or green?? !!! My husband just told me that my hair looks "rusty brown". Nice.
I like your take on the Real Housewives. I think you are spot on. Oh and on the OC one, did Tamara TOTALLY get on your nerves or is it just me?
Enjoy this nice weather we are having!

*Pat-
First off--I spelled Bethenny wrong. Thanks for spelling it right. I have to admit I never watched Martha Stewart's apprentice. I think I watched part of an episode, but I had forgotton all about it. I think I do remember seeing Bethenny on the commercials though.
Europe has Coke Zero so I feel in love with it there, but I guess I just always reach for Diet Pepsi. I will get with you on the toiletries that can go in the carry on.
Looking forward to dinner next week.

*C-Swirl-
Yes girl, I have highlights. I had highlights last time I saw you, but I had my hair pulled back all Amish style so you probably could not tell. Thanks for the nice words. I think after I get back from my trip, I am going to go full on dark red, but it is so hard to get red right. No worries on the e-mail, and I hope you get to feeling better soon! Oh and the low carb thing is going well--thanks for asking. Yesterday I did cave and have a new CHICKEN CLUB CHALUPA from Taco Bell though. It is a chicken chalupa with BACON and some really good sauce. DIVINE!
xo

*Hello Carolyn-
Oh my, I must admit I paid no attention to the scent of the JF serum. I do not recall a scent at all. I will check it again.
I agree with you about red hair. I wish I could just be satisfied with my hair--but what fun would that be? I loved the new Jo Malone , but be advised it is a little tropical to my nose.
Lovely day to you!

*Hello Dear Shiloh-
Products are so different by region. You guys never get the fun flavored soft drinks--I guess because you guys are not obsessed with soda the way we Americans are.
Thanks for saying I have an odd take on things. That is a total compliment to me.
xo

*Hi Always in Style-
Thanks for visiting my blog. I am loving your blog. Very funny recap on the Real Housewives. Yes, poor Ramona --she does try hard. It cracks me up how Avery tries to steer her in the right direction fashion wise, but alas Ramona would rather look like Mermaid Barbie. I did LOVE her ensem that she wore to the botox doc though. Mod dress with black tights--Very cute.

Lovely day to all!

6:03 AM  
Blogger MISS S said...

Im behind I know, but am happy to hear about the DCCDP obsession. I knew u would like it. I am the same as u and for some reason cannot stay away!!!!

I like your hair.
xoxo

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monkey....is it just me or does that Alex character from the NYC Housewives look like a crazy, emaciated snaggletooth?? Maybe it's just me but I can't even look at her when her scenes come on!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Josi said...

I LOVE the real housewives.......these damn shows that I love to hate....sad it's over.....and I'm all about Diet DP...it's a Texas thing....
And Frizz-Ease? Are you kidding me? I remember when it first came out...it ROCKED my world baby!
love,love your world....

6:31 PM  
Blogger Josi said...

ummm...yeah...and Alex's hair is THE nastiest mess EVER...I mean come on, you have the dough for designer clothes and the met but you have hair that looks like trailer trash????
(Ramona slightly resembles trailer trash, speaking of.....)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hi Makeup Girl-
Thanks for stopping by.
HA HA HA Alex looks like "a crazy emaciated snaggletooth" Seriously she looks like a crack addict in a $10,000.00 dress. I think she would fit in more in the Ozarks than in Fifth Ave. The thing that gets me is that she is not shy AT ALL about TRYING to run in higher circles and being in the society pages. Trying and then talking so much about it totally take the panache' out of it in my humble opinion.
Bless her heart.
You crack me up!! Have a great day beautiful L.

*Hello Josi-
Thanks for visiting.
Yes, Diet DP is so much more available in the South. I love that Sonic has it on tap. Gosh I miss Sonic.
Yes, I agree about Alex's hair. She needs some deep conditioner and some serum to smooth that mess down. Oh well Simon loves her just as she is. Oh and the naked photos of her--MY EYES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MY EYESSSSSSSSS!

Lovely day to you!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Junie B said...

I watched every freakin episode of Real Wives of NYC.

Go figure.

And I love that John frieda. Living in Houston, you gotta have SOMETHING!!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home