Monday, April 21, 2008

On up in my crib

I love to decorate my house, but it does not come easy for me. I am always second guessing what looks good. I wish I could just be confident in my taste and run with it. I wish I could just hire Nate Berkus to come make my house fabulous, but I do not have Oprah's money.

I have been toiling over a chair for my closet for some time. I am a nervous Nellie when it comes to picking out furniture, because 1. Furniture is expensive and 2. I know I will be stuck with whatever I pick out for a long time. I wanted something chocolate brown and sleek--is sleek the right word? Maybe I mean plain. I wanted a plain, brown chair. Nothing fancy. This is the chair I chose. I wish it were a darker shade of brown, but overall I am pleased.

I have also been trying to organize some of my jewelry. This is a shelf in my closet with some of my jewelry. I love the tree thing for necklaces. I found it at Homegoods. I also saw something like it at Urban Outfitters.

This is another jewelry tree I found at Pottery Barn. It is hard to tell what this one looks like because it is so bogged down with my tacky pink gumball necklace--but I love this jewelry tree. I think it can still be found at POTTERY BARN .

Today I will continue with Spring Cleaning and trying to spruce up my crib. It seems to be a never ending job. I have a bit of Spring Fever, and I think I am just ready to move.

Lovely day to all!

(all photos from MonkeyPosh LLC)

10 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

a chair for you closet? the only room i have in my closet is for a much-needed stick up.

but tat chair would look great in MY living room. i love it.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I love how your earring racks look like harps/lyres. tres chic!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am obsessed with your closet. It is amazing. I loved the photos of your shoe room, and my gosh you have room for furniture, IN YOUR CLOSET.
slowly dies inside a little.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you have a huge closet. Its more like a walk in wardrobe I believe. You need not doubt your choice. Go with what you like and chances are others will like it too. I love the way you have your jewelry set up. The tree looks fantastic, so does what you have for your earrings.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I could not fit a barbie chair in my closet... I am very envious. I love the chair, and I love your closet... and I even love the pink gumball necklace. I am too, very indecisive and not sure what looks good when it comes to decorating. I always need help.
PS my word verification is rawsexo....

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your new masthead. Very cute and perfect for you. I like the splash of green.
Your closet is so grand. All of us at my office are in love with it. You only share snippits here & there, so can you please give us a better view of all things closetposh?
Pretty please?

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all your photos of your rooms and your stuff. You have such cool taste. I love the chair and your bauble stands. I also love the shoes below. And your new banner at the top of the blog is neat too.
Hugs

7:12 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

I love the chair and the accessories, J!

I did manage to clean out my closets last month, but that's about it. So your efforts are very impressive!

Hugs and love!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Girl-Woman said...

Loving a closet chair and a bathroom comfy chair. I must be spending too much time in those rooms.

Love your chair!!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger MISS S said...

I am in complete aggreance with jaime on your earring racks...i give them 3 snaps and a spin!!!!!!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home