Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Pure BLISS



Last week I went into Chicago to do some work, and I decided to treat myself to a manicure from Bliss Spa Chicago. If you are not familiar with Bliss--it is the brainchild from one Marcia Kilgore. She started the first Bliss Spa in NYC a few years ago. They have since grown to London, San Francisco and now Chicago. not to mention a whole slew of Bliss bath and beauty products.
I have been to the one in the Louis Vuitton Building in NYC, and the one in SOHO so I knew how wonderful and decadent they are. The new Chicago location is on the 8th floor of the
W Hotel at
644 W. Lakeshore Drive
Chicago, Illinois.


It is a lovely setting. Very mod, very blue, very serene. Upon checking in they give you a bottle of water with your choice of "green tea extracts" you can add to your water. They come in all different flavors. I chose Pineapple coconut flavor. It was delicious!
You sit down in front of 3 TV screens which you are supplied headphones and a keypad to listen and select your show. You can listen to either Desperate Housewives, Sex in the City, or Spongebob Squarepants. Seriously.
Then the pampering begins. I got the Bliss Manicure which was one of the best manicures I have ever had (second only to the manicure I had at BuffSpa at Bergdorf Goodman one time when I got to sit next to Patti Hansen)
I digress.....Tammy at Bliss did my manicure. She was polite, professional, and not too chatty. She totally let me watch TV, sip my pineapple water and relax. She was AWESOME and I look forward to going there again to get their Double Choc Pedicure. Yes ladies, a chocolate smelling pedicure, where they serve you steaming hot chocolate and brownies. Is there anything better than Sex in The City and Brownies? I think not!

Bottom line--Bliss Rocks!

3 Comments:

Blogger WinterWheat said...

Good gravy. I'm going to have G order up a chocolate pedicure for me after the baby's born. (Of course I'm assuming I can get away for a day. Please, please let me be able to get away for a day.)

I bet you have the loveliest nails in the Chicagoland area. :-)

12:04 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

K is right: good gravy indeed! I want that! Mmmm, brownies and hot cocoa and pampering and siiiiiiiggghhhh, sounds like a brief moment of heaven to me.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

OMG!!! They put BLISS in W HOTEL!!! I worked my ass off on the renovation of that hotel over 1 year and once I move they put in a killer spa?? Bastards!! Anyhow, I think I am going to make an appointment while I am in Chitown (I leave tomorrow!!!!)

Great stuff!!!

Jen

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home