Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Isn't she LOVELY?


Monday I took the train to Chicago to stand in a line for 3 hours (in heels) to have Sarah Jessica Parker sign a bottle of her new fragrance--LOVELY at Marshall Fields. I really like SJP, and I really like the fragrance (even though it smells just like Narciso Rodriguez to me)otherwise I think I would have gotten out of line after an hour.

My friend "P" and I met in Chicago to see SJP since we both love SJP, and have loved her since her Square Pegs days. We got to Marshall Fields 1 and 1/2 hours prior to the time SJP was to arrive. We thought that was plenty of time to get a good place in line--boy were we wrong. The line snaked all around the store. For those of you who do not know, Marshall Fields is a HUGE department store in downtown Chicago. Shortly after we took our place in line the line got longer and longer until it was out the door and around the block. Crazy!

While in line, a girl with a microphone and a guy with a camera from the Naked Hippo show walked by and asked if anyone knew any SJP trivia. Well, "P" and I being the nerds that we are were insisting that we knew tons of SJP trivia. She asked us some easy questions, then she asked our favorite SJP line from Sex In The City. I knows TONS of lines from SITC because I can watch a show one time and pretty much have the dialog memorized if the show interests me. I was obsessed with SITC so I knew tons of lines. The line I recited for them was when Mr. Big said he was tired of New York City so he was going to move to the Napa Valley and Carrie says "If you are tired, you take a Napa....you don't move to Napa." It was the show where her and Big danced to Moon River and it was beyond romantic!

When we finally got up to SJP, she was beautiful, and gracious, and tiny. She looked prettier in person than she does on TV. It was awkward--she was behind a table signing bottles. We went up one by one to bow before the Queen. I just told her I was a fan, and that I was a fan of her husband Matthew Broderick. I never know what to say to famous folks.

After standing in line for 3 hours, "P" and I were famished so we headed across the street to the Atwood Cafe. The Atwood Cafe is in the Burnham Hotel right across the street from Marshall Fields at One W. Washington Chicago Illinois. It is on the corner of Washington and State Street. It is a lovely cafe. The interior reminded me of a restaurant in Paris. It is a small restaurant that only seats 75 inside so I would suggest making a reservation if you are going during peak business hours. They have a small patio which is where we had lunch. Sitting right adjacent to us was Tana Goertz from Season 3 of the Apprentice. She was very happy to be recognized, and "P" and I had a few Bedazzler laughs. Yes, I did wave hello and let her know I knew who she was because I am a big ass nerd! I am a HUGE Apprentice fan also. Truthfully I am a sucker for reality TV. As I type this I am mourning the end of Big Brother The Summer of Secrets.

The food at the Atwood Cafe was TO DIE FOR. "P" told me that she had seen their Chicken Pot Pie featured on the Fine Living Network. It was listed as one of the 10 best comfort foods in the country. "P" ordered the famous Chicken Pot Pie and can I just tell you that it was delicious. I had a chicken salad sandwich with sweet potato fries and it was good but nothing like the damn Chicken Pot Pie. For dessert we ordered the peach cobbler with ice cream and the brown sugar cheesecake. Lord have mercy on my thighs because I ate way more dessert than I EVER eat. The brown sugar cheesecake was TO. DIE. FOR. I will deifinitely eat there again. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was great, and our waitress was very good too.

After lunch we went back to Marshall Fields to shop, then headed to Barneys on Oak and Rush to see their new things for Fall. After that we headed back to the train station because we were so tired and full and our feet were killing us.

What I learned from my experience is this: I will never stand in line 3 hours to see anyone ever again....unless and until Jeremy Piven signs perfume somewhere.

13 Comments:

Blogger Annieytown said...

Now...I want some chicken pot pie.

Sounds like a fun afternoon. I loved SJP on square pegs too. That was such a great show.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Annipants--
I want some chicken pot pie too. I wish I would have ordered it!

N--
I would wait to get into the Palais Royal also. I think Lovely and Narciso Rod smell just alike, but some beg to differ. I think you should at least give it a sniff.

J-
Hooray! Another Big "BOTHER" fan.
Janie grew on me. At first I did not like her. Howie is a nut. Kayser--yes serisouly smart, witty, nice (giving HOH to Jen) and hot.
Michael was so smarmy--EEEEK! He creeped me out!
Ivette cracked me up with all her Ghetto stuff. Maggie was fine and all but so boring!
Rachel got on my damn nerves. Jen was insignificant, and the one from Dallas was so fake.
Did you watch last season? I felt so sorry for poor Diane the way Drew used her.....Drew is so gay.

xoxo to all of you!

9:22 AM  
Blogger jennipah said...

i LOVE sjp too, and i met her in san francisco! she really is lovely; the name of her fragrance is just perfect. i actually posted some pics of her on my blog; there's one of me with her.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Howdy Jennipah
Thanks for visiting my blog. I popped on over to your blog and I love it!
Great post about SJP!

Jen

5:51 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

That sounds like a perfect day. Wow. That's actually really neat she was signing for her perfume - what a great idea! Did she sign the actual bottle itself?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hey Katie--

Yup--she signed the bottles--but only the big bottles. She is in it to win it! She was brilliant to craft a fragrance, because if the line at Marshall Fields was any indication--then she is selling a shizload of perfume!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hey F! Thanks for visiting!
The Chicken Pot Pie was to die for.
I tried to make some at home the other night, but it was not anywhere near as good as Atwood Cafe.
Would love to see you in Chicago!
FUN!
xox

10:11 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

J! I didn't know you had a blog. Where have I been? This is a great post. Must have been a great afternoon.

:-)
Laura

1:10 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello L!
Thanks for stopping by! Always good to see your name. I hope you are doing great!!

xoxo
Jen

7:50 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

You're sexier than she is! Where's Monkeyposh perfume? You shoulda been signing her bottle!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

T--

Oh you are too kind--and funny!
That would have been hilarious--Hello Sarah, how about I just sign this one for you? ENJOY!

Auntie Frizz-

WELCOME to my humble blog!!!
Please give T and Frizz and Lizz hugs from AUNTIE PEEJ!

xoxo

6:21 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Hey cupcake!

I agree with tania!

xox to forrest and nikki too.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hey Babs!

xoxo to you and Astro!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home