Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Golden Globe review to come....stay tuned.



I think this just might be my favorite look of the evening.
Evangeline glowed! This color is stunning.

*edited*
Ok so here it is more than a week after the Golden Globes, and it is old news now. Sorry I did not get to my opinions in a more timely manner, but life sometimes gets in the way of blogging.
Even though I am a day late and a dollar short, I will give a few thoughts.

Jeremy Piven looked great, and I wish he would have won,

Steve Carrel is a genius, and I am glad he won. Shout out Second City!


Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis need Crest White Strips.

Isaac Mizrahi needs to go back to Target and stay off the red carpet.

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick looked great.

I was sad to see Hillary Swank without Chad Lowe, but her dress was gorgeous.

Reece Witherspoon ALWAYS looks like a seven year old flower girl in a bad chapel wedding. The whole Kirsten Dunst Chanel debacle not withstanding.

I still want to see Brokeback Mountain.

Why did noone ask Charlize Theron about Stuart Townsend? Where was he?

Marcia Cross looked beautiful, but the other Housewives made me yawn. Why the hell does Eva Longoria wear that awful fake hair all the time?

Ok enough of that. I promise to start posting more regularly.
Splendid day to all!


(photo from Sky.com)

7 Comments:

Blogger Curley's Mobile DJ Services said...

I have to agree with you (even though I can't believe I am) Ms. Lilly looked stunning. But, she looks great in dirty jeans and a wap-t!

I liked Natalie Portman's dress-- simple, elegant and she could do jumping jacks if she had too.

The worst was Anne Hathaway! I never understood what the attraction was with her. To me she could make a frieght train take a dirt road! And please lose that hideous red lipstick on those ugly lips! Get a tan!

3:56 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I loved her look, too. Very simple and elegant and fresh.

5:33 PM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

I loved this gown too. The cut looked great on her body and the color was brilliant, like a gemstone. A lot of women avoid green because they don't think of it as sexy; I hope this gown changed some minds.

9:48 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I liked that dress as well.

Also hits were the ones worn by Marsha Cross and Kiera Knightly.

Hope you and those dolls are doing well.
xoxox
b

4:39 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

lostokie--
OH MY...you agree with me? Stop the press.
I liked Natalie's dress too. I had not thought of the jumping jack potential, but good call.
I have never been impressed with Anne Hathaway. I like the Marc Jacobs dress, but not on her.
Jeremy Piven looked the best!

Hello Tessa--
Thanks for visiting. Hope you are doing well.

Hello Winterwheat!
I agree with you. The *right* green can be really sexy,
I hope you are doing wonderful! I am so anxious to know if J-Magstina looks like her ultrasound picture!

Hello B!
How is the new job? I hope everything is going wonderful.
I agree about Kiera and Marcia Cross. Kiera's was so streamlined and I loved the cloverleaf detail.
Marcia proves that redheads look GREAT in orange/salmon.
Big Hugs to you and Astro!

xo
jen

6:20 PM  
Blogger Patricia Perry said...

LOL on the Reese Witherspoon comment! And I'm so with you on getting Isaac off the red carpet - I think he is one of the worst, most-ADD interviwers around. (Have you seen his heinous talk show on the Style network?) If the E channel truly wanted someone outrageous working the red carpet, why, oh WHY!, didn't they stick with Kathy Griffin?

I thought most of the Globe dresses were boring. My faves were Marcia Cross, Keira Knightley and Viginia Madsen.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Joni,

How are you? I think I should have the job of red carpet reporter. I am not afraid to squeeze Scarlet Johanson's boobs!
Tee hee hee. Poor Isaac did not know what he was doing. I used to really like him. I do not get the Style channel so I have not seen his show.
Did you see how he humiliated Hillary Swank? She held her own, but Isaac was totally out of line.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home