Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Monkey's Favorite Things 2005



Making lists of favorite things always makes me nervous because I always feel I will leave some things out, thus misrepresenting myself. This list will be short and undone because I am short on time. I will share some of my favorite things for the past year. I will start with fragrance...as there are very few things I love more than fragrance:

*Top 10 Fave Fragrances of 2005


1. Eau de Colette

2. POTL

3. Parfum de Therese (Frederic Malle)

4. Imperial Oppoponax

5. Truly

6. Frank 2 (by Franco at Luckyscent)

7. Serge Lutens Datura Noir

8. Jo Malone Nutmeg Ginger

8. Yosh Omniscent

9. Serge Lutens Chergui

10. Creed Fleurissimo


There is a whole litany of bath and beauty products that I love. I cannot even begin to name them all, but here is a small list of some of my favorites:

*Bath & Body products:

1. Red Flower Cardamon and Ginger body oil

2. Nivea Creamy Conditioning Oil

3. Chanel no.5 bath oil

4. Chanel Coco Body Powder

5. Potl body cream

6. Fresh Sugar Blossom hand cream

7. Bliss sugar scrub for body

8. Lancome self tanner

9. Stella Shower Gel

* Facial Care* I am a freak about skin care...I have a little bit of everything, but here are some of my faves:

1. SUNSCREEN--many different kinds

2. Creme de La Mer

3. SKII Facial Treatment Essence

4. La Mer lifting skin serum

5. NV Perricone Eye Area Therapy with NTP complex

6. Cle de Peau la creme

7. Clarins Gelee Bronzante for face

8. La Mer Cleanser

9. Clinique 7 Day Scrub

10. Kanebo Sensai Eye Contour Cream

*As for makeup:

1. Cle de Peau concealer stick

2. YSL curling mascara in BLACK

3. Tarte Blush Stick in Blushing Bride

4. Lipfusion lip gloss in SWEET

4. Nars Multiple Stick in Maldives (whoops, I did 2 #4's)

5. Mac eyeliners in Tarnish and Phone Number

6. Benefit blush in Dandelion

7. Mac eyeshadows in Honey Lust and Naked Lunch

8. Cover Girl eyeshadow in Mink (drugstore eyeshadow that is truly lovely)

9. Paula Dorf eye shadow base

10. Estee Lauder Lash XL Mascara in BLACK

*A few much loved hair products are:

1. Kerastase shampoo and conditioner

2. Frederic Fekkai protein mist

3. Frederic Fekkai glossing cream

4. Ojon hair treatment

5. Infusium leave in conditioner

6. Ponytail holders--HA

This is my humble halfdone list. Sorry it is so truncated. I wish I had more time to list all my fave things, but alas I am off on a trip and short on time.
I cannot wait to read all your favorite things ladies!

Here's to our favorite things, and here's to a Happy and Healthy New Years to all my friends!

Check out these links for more fabulous favorite things 2005!

15 Comments:

Blogger Sand said...

Yay for POTL and Chergui!

Sobs for Parfum de Therese (the melon kills it for me) and Nutmeg Ginger which is rather foul on me!

Huge 2nd for
Red Flower Cardamon and Ginger, POTL Cream and any Chanel bath products!

Dandelion is fabulous on almost all shades of skin - love it!

Happy New Year Sexy!

3:31 AM  
Blogger Sand said...

Cheers for Chergui and POTL

Sobs for Parfum de Therese (the melon kills it for me) and Nutmeg Ginger (which is rather rank on me).

Huge 2nd on POTL Cream, Red Flower Cardamon and Ginger Oil and Chanel bath products!

Dandelion looks beautiful on so many different shades of skin.

Happy new year sexy, have a good one!

3:35 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

What a great list! Oh, I love Le Parfum de Therese! I have noticed Chergui on so many of these lists. I am the only one in the whole world for whom it does not work. *wipes a tear*

7:10 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

OMG, you have one high maintenance shower, chica. I love it.

I feel that I may become a skincare freak next year. I am trying so, so hard to be a minimalist, but the call of the Bergdorf skincare counters is a siren song, and I am getting the little signs of time around the eyes....

Happy monkey new year!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Annieytown said...

I have been avoiding the POTL cream lemming frenzy. I know I will love it!

I have not tried any of the red flower oils yet. It is on my lemming list.

Have a great New Year Peej!
All hail the ponytail!

7:56 AM  
Blogger risa said...

hurrah for a vote for Truly! i could have added it to my own list if two Guerlains hadn't come out this year *sigh* ;)

lovely lists, altogether! have a wonderful new year and enjoy!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Great lists! I just tried the POTL cream yesterday and I have been making the same comment on many blogs this morning, so it is a hit!

I also tried the Red Flower oil at Barneys yeasterday, it was very nice, but I was way over budget already!

May you have a Happy New Year!
Victoria O

12:28 PM  
Blogger Bela said...

Nice array of products!

Have a lovely trip and a Happy New Year! :-)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Trina said...

I love that Mink shadow! This is quite a comprehensive list here - much to think about (and contemplate buying)...

Happy New Year!

1:33 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Lurve that Sugar Blossom hand cream. So pretty smelling, and I don't even usually go in for this sugary nonsense. Smells like the sugared rim of a martini glass holding the liquid deliciousness of a Lemondrop cocktail.

1:57 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I am going to copy your list, doll.

Like you, fragrances 2, 4 and 5 make my list, big time.

Happy New Year to you and the dolls, and to DH.

xoxox from Astro & B

6:06 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

You and I are kindred spirits. I'm with you on the following:

Fragrance: 2, 7 and 8

Bath & Body: 3, 6, 7 and 9

Face: 1, 2, and 4

Makeup: 3, 4 (both of them), 6

Hair: 2, 3, 4 and 6

Those are all beloved items in my collection as well as yours!!

You must fill me in on the details for the SKII Essence. I tried it but didn't feel it was a must have. Tell me what I am missing! :) Another lemming inspired...

9:23 PM  
Blogger jennipah said...

great lists, jen! i agree with a lot, and i can't wait to try others.

i have to ask: have you tried armani luminous silk foundation? i'm on my 3rd bottle, and that means a LOT.

happy new year to you!

ttfn,
jenn

11:41 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Thanks everyone for such wonderful comments. I appreciate you guys for sharing all your favorite things.

Jamey--I am sure there are lots of people who want to know about your favorite balls. Golf balls that is !
HA

Jen

2:47 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Oh and Jennipah-

YES...I love the Armani foundation!
I sometimes use it just as highlighter or I mix some in with my regular foundation.

You have great taste Jen!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home