Thursday, March 23, 2006

Tom and me sittin' in a tree.....

Ahem.

To all you naysayers who always make fun of me about my love for Tom Ford ( and by naysayers who always make fun of me about my love for Tom Ford I mean TANIA)I have only one thing to say:

Tom Ford has named a pair of his sunglasses after me. That is right. One of the styles in his new line of sunglasses is named after moi. Now I know that my name is common, but not in his circles. If he wanted to name them after someone in his circle, wouldn't he have named them Gwyneth, or Naomi, or Elton? Well he didn't-- he called them by MY name. One could say that it is just coincidence...and who am I to argue, really? I, however will continue to believe that I am one of his sunglass muses. I have lots of photos of myself in front of his awesome window display at Bergdorfs in NYC with sunglasses on. One (and by one I mean me) can only assume he saw the photos and was like "THERE IS MY MUSE" . In the photo on the left are the sunglasses he named after me. Aren't they lovely? Yes, thank you.

I love Tom Ford--everyone knows. I love him not in a sexual way (which would only be futile and eventually very painful for me) but more in an admirable way. He is SO SEXY and talented and brooding, and bitchy, and weird. Talented because his lines for Gucci and YSL will go down in history. He turned both houses completely around, and made them sexy and modern. Weird because his recent photo editorial in Vanity Fair is just plain, well, weird. Because of these sunglasses I can only guess he at least likes me too. Just goes to show that fashion and love know no bounds.
Note to Tom Ford:
Thanks Tom, I am forever grateful you named your sunglasses after me. I am sure you wanted to give me a free pair and the wires just somehow got crossed. It is OK, I ordered them from NeimanMarcus.com this morning. I will wear them loud and proud.

(photos are from NeimanMarcus.com and from my very own camera)

12 Comments:

Blogger stacy said...

haha :)
I had wondered what you thought about that Vanity Fair cover.
Anyway, can't wait to see you in Chicago May 9th-ish. Let's go shopping again.
stacy

4:10 PM  
Blogger Annieytown said...

You crack me up. You are the perfect "sunglasses muse" along with the "girl who refused to let the ponytail die".
I like how you "down play" the crush.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Yesrie said...

I dunno about TF. I don't trust those eyes... no wonder he designs shades.

You, on the other hand! Adorable! Love the pose X-D
Yez
tuoodk: the sound a bowling ball makes as it lands in pudding.

5:54 PM  
Blogger jennipah said...

oh, and i thought good ole tom named those after ME! ;) haha, too funny, jen!

you're going to think i'm nuts, but i think you actually pulled that photo from neiman marcus, not saks. i only checked AFTER reading your post; i didn't know prior. not that i'm trying to correct you. i just figured you might want to go back and order more someday...

here's another link for your ford'ing pleasure: http://www.vogue.co.uk/whos_who/Tom_Ford/default.html

-jenn

1:03 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hi Stacy-
Yes, the Vanity Fair thing was a little creepy. Kiera looked like an undertaker did her makeup in that photo. EEEKS!
Looking forward to tearing up Chicago again!

*Annie--
Yes, I must downplay the crush. Our love will never be. Ponytails will never die! They are the hairdo of champions. I think Melanie has seen me more WITHOUT a ponytail than with.

*Hi Yesrie--
Do you think TF has beaty (is that how you spell that?) eyes?
Thanks for the kind words!
Oh how funny tudook--was that your word verification?

*Hi Jennipah--
HA! Maybe just maybe he named them after you too! Thanks for the correction--I did get them at Neiman. I edited my post. I am just so used to getting things from Saks that I automatically put that down. I appreciate you letting me know.
Thanks also for the link about Tom!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

4:18 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Melanie,

I am hoping they fit my face, as I have yet to try them on. You know he made them for me though, so I am assuming it will be a magical fit like Cinderella and the glass slipper.

Happy Birthday Tomorrow!

xo

8:31 AM  
Blogger Yesrie said...

I think it's the squarish shape to the tops of his eyes. (Oh great, now I sound like some phrenology fanatic :-I ) I had to google-image him, because I live under a rock and use 5-year-old Ray-Bans, but there were plenty of pix to study. While he's appealing, he just looks like trouble!

Yup, that was my word verification (I saw commenters on other blogs carry this on as a running gag, so if I see a good one I'll do it too).
Yez

2:47 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Yez,
"the squarish shape to the top of his eyes"??? You cannot hold that against him--it is manufactured--it is botox.
Yes, he *does* look like trouble--that is what makes him so sexy. He is sexy trouble in the very safest of ways, if you get my drift.
I will keep the game in mind if I ever get a cool word verification.

xo

4:35 AM  
Blogger Yesrie said...

LOL, a botox victim! Okay, you can like him :>
Yez

6:11 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:37 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Thanks Yez,
Now that I have your permission the Tom Ford adoration shall commence.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home