Thursday, May 04, 2006

Beautiful Things



While on my travels I did a lot of looking and shopping. I am not a huge gambler, so I had plenty of time for shopping. Hooray!
One of the most exciting things I got to do was, I got to smell Scent of Peace by Bond #9. It is their newest and most highly anticipated scent. There were fabulous Bond salespeople at the Saks in Vegas. Laurice should be VERY proud of them. They were very excited about the fragrances and knew their stuff! One of the salespeople was an awesome man named Princess--yes Mary, a man named Princess--is that not the best? Scent of Peace is lovely, but smells a lot like D& G Light Blue to me-- it has a little more berry, but still very similar. The bottle , however is beautiful and would be a beautiful addition to my collection.





Ah---The Louis Vuitton Tupelo Sandal. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I had been admiring these in my Italain Vogue for months, but had never seen them in person till I went to Vegas. I know these are a little loud and tacky in a Mariah Carey kind of way--however, I LOVE them because they are unique. My husband totally wanted me to get them, but there are 2 Louis Vuitton boutiques in Vegas, and neither of them had my size. Where on earth in the Suburbs could I wear these? Maybe to a Lil Kim concert or something?









AhhhhChloe. I love these sandals. I love the substantial heel. Stilettos are hot, but they can be so hard to walk on. The more substantial heels are supposed to be all the rage this fall. Notice it is not a chunky heel (shudder), but a thicker heel. I will be sporting these with denim gauchos this summer. I love them so much. I had been lemming these forever, when I saw them and made them mine! Chloe remains one of my favorite houses.







I love the unique design of this Gucci bag. The bananas and pineapples make me think of the Caribbean. I had been admiring this bag on line and it is so much more interesting looking in person. The photograph does not do it justice at all.














My oh my! There are no words for these gorgeous Louboutins. They take my breath away. I want to wear them with a beautiful Celine dress and I want to go to a huge art show/ cocktail party in Paris! I am very excited to see what Ivana Omazic (formerly of Miu Miu) does for Celine. I have high hopes that Celine does not turn into a trendy Prada-ish looking line.





What are some beautiful fashion things you have seen this week?
Have a beautiful day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Curley's Mobile DJ Services said...

Seriously, the purple shoe with eight multi-colored buckle straps? How fast can you get that off if you and the hubby get turned on really fast? Probably would sound like someone from the Bronx opening their multi-locked doors! Hold on...almost there...

By the time you got both shoes off a woman could lose that funky feeling! I say just leave them on and go for broke. Heeyah mule...Heeyah!

Wait a minute...I all of the sudden have that funky feeling...I do like those shoes. Gotta go!!!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

You have the freakiest foot fetish I have ever heard of!!

I loved your door in Brooklyn analogy. You have such an artist's eye Curtis!!!

You make me laugh hard!

9:23 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

J -- thought of you today. Just found a fabulous and cheap nude lip pencil. It's L'Oreal Colour Juice Gloss Pencil in Cocoa Motion. The texture is more of a moisturizing lipstick than a gloss. The color is not the brown you'd expect from the name; it's actually a really flattering medium nude, creamy without shimmer. Off to find a bunch online...

1:58 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Hi Doll,

I did not know you were going to Vegas!

Shopping is soooooo much better than gambling.

I LOVE, LOVE those Louis Vutton shoes, and they would look great on you.

BTW: Tomorrow is my son's 23rd birthday. I just could not let go of Astro, so I bought him a card with a golden retriever puppy on it, and it says, To the birthday boy, you are so special. (it is a child's card...) Luckily, my son knows me, annoynances, quirks and all...Just wanted to share.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Yesrie said...

I'm in lust with the Chloe sandal. Denim Gauchos? PERFECT.
Yez

9:56 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Old post, but I had to revisit. I saw the LV Tupelo's that are "loud and tacky in a Mariah Carey kind of way" on none other than Mariah Carey on popsugar.com today. Cracked me up. You visionary, you!

7:38 PM  
Blogger stacy said...

I LOVE the LV shoes. I've been admiring them too. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. And they are so not me... I'm not sure where I would wear them either, but that doesn't stop me from really wanting to buy them. I think you should get them so I can live vicariously through you. <3

And those Chloe's are beautiful as well. Promise me you'll wear them shopping when I come to Chicago next month!

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home