Friday, April 21, 2006

Has anyone ever told you that you look just like......





People tell me I look like famous people ALL THE TIME. I swear. It is really very strange. I guess I should be flattered, but for the most part I am not. I must have a familiar look to people. The 2 people I am told I look most like just happen to both be on the cover of W Magazine this month. I have ALWAYS been told I resemble Meryl Streep, and in the past couple of years people have been telling me I resemble La Lohan--NOT skinny crackhead blonde (with this OOMPAH LOOMPAH self tanner in the picture -YIKES) La Lohan. No, I look more like the robust red headed La Lohan. I gotta say Meryl looks STUNNING on this cover...so much lovlier than La Lohan.

I am also told a lot that I look like Giada di Laurentiis. I am told this more and more as she becomes more well known. My whole family says I look just like her. This is a total compliment to me because I think she is cute as a button!



Jo Dee Messina (country music singer) is another redhead I am told I look just like. One time a person in the country music industry who had worked with Jo Dee before walked right up to me and started talking to me because she thought I WAS Jo Dee Messina...that was funny.


One evening a drunk, homeless man in downtown Chicago kept calling me Madonna. He was like "Madonna, I know that is you YOU BITCH!. My Cousin Lenny stays on the sidewalk over at the United Center and we know you had a show there tonight. Do not even lie Madonna." I was all "Sir, I am not Madonna." Then he was all "Bitch you know you the Material Bitch, quit playing like you aint. "He was saying how there could not be 2 women on the planet who looked like Madonna so he knew I was her because I looked just like her. Arguing with a drunk man is painfully futile, so finally I gave in and sang Like a Virgin to him then I gave him an apple. I still need to call up his cousin Lenny. A party on the sidewalk outside the United Center sounds fab--ah yes...good times.


I have been told a few times that I look like the gorgeous Angie Everheart--all I can say about that is I FREAKIN WISH! The ONLY thing about me that looks like Angie is we both have long red hair. She is hot--SERIOUSLY HOT! Too bad I look nothing like her.


People (mostly women) tell me ALL THE TIME that I remind them of Carrie Bradshaw/Sarah Jessica Parker. Most of them say my style and demeanor more than my looks, which makes me happy because my husband thinks she is ugly. However, I do resemble her. I get told this all the time. That is OK because I love her. I am honored anyone thinks I have her style.


This is a photo of me and my beautiful friend "M" in Vegas. I am on the left with the red hair. Which celeb do YOU think I look like? If you say Ernest Borgnine I will have to kick your ass, so be kind! HA

What famous people have you been told you resemble?

My friend Kelly looks like Tracy Ullman and my friend Annie looks like Nigella Lawson! Oh and my friend Mike looks like Tom Cruise (normal cute Top Gun Tom Cruise, NOT crazy Scientologist Tom Cruise) and my friend Curtis looks like Christopher Reeve (RIP).

18 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

Oooh, of the ones you showed, I'd totally have to say Giada di Laurentiis. I can kind of see some of the others, too. Except Madonna - but that's such a funny story I'm glad you put it in there.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Katie,

I agree with you. Out of all of them I think I look most like Meryl and Giada. Giada and I share the same large forehead-HA.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

You do! OMG, you really do! Especially Meryl Streep (just judging by that lovely picture of you in the post).

5:54 AM  
Blogger Yesrie said...

Totally Annette O'Toole :>
Yez

10:12 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

When I met you I thought you looked like this actress whose name I don't know; all I know is that she was in one of the Freddie Kruger movies (the second one maybe?) and she looks like a young, redheaded Meryl Streep.

Ooh, ooh -- I just googled her. Her name is Kim Myers. I can't find a pic but wikipedia says right out that she resembles Meryl Streep!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Myers

In any case, you're DROP DEAD GORGEOUS in your own unique way regardless of whom you resemble.

I've been told I resemble Cindy Crawford, which I do in a very subtle way around the mouth when I smile, but my eyes look like dead fish compared to hers. I'm told more often that I look like Jamie Lee Curtis (it's the skinny face), until they glance at my boobs to see if the comparison is complete and then quickly change the subject.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Curley's Mobile DJ Services said...

I say you look like a redhead Meryl Streep. Just so you know I think she is beautiful. When she tucks her chin, covers her mouth and giggles - oh my dear lord.
Many times throughout my life people have called me Clark if I put on a pair of glasses (which I don't wear). On several occasions people have said I look like Liam Neeson and Jeff Daniels.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Columbina-
How are you? Thanks for the kind words. Why do I have to look like Streep? Why can't I look like Carman Electra??
Just kidding!

Melanie-
I want to look like Angie Everheart fro one day too. I cannot believe you saw her in person! I bet she is unfreakingbelievable in person....sigh!

Hey Yes,
I have tried to post on your blog a few times, but I keep getting runtime errors. I wonder what gives.
Annette O'Toole?? How do I know her? She is lovely!

Hello K-
Kim Myers....Hmmm it is hard to find a photo of her on the net, but if she resembles Streep then I do look like her.
YOU DO look like Cindy Crawford! GAH at your dead fish comment-you have lovely eyes!
I do not think you look like JLC at all...you are much prettier than JLC. Thanks for the kind words. Hugs to you!

Curtis--
I am totally covering my mouth and giggling! You are so funny.
You know who else you look like?
One of the Hearty Boys on the food network. I think his name is Steve.
Google him....he had dark hair, but every time I see him I think of you!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Well I really think you look like my cousin Karna, but we've been over that one before. I'm hunting down a pic.

People tell me I look like Bette Midler. A lot. Which I do not take as a compliment - but I think it is mostly based on the nose. Which I can live with, I guess.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Jamie,

YES--if you get told you look like Bette then you know exactly what I mean about Streep. I do not take it as a compliment really. I mean she is brilliant and lovely in her own way, BUT I do not really want to look like her. Bette is very lovely and talented and beautiful in her own way too--so you know what I mean.

For what it is worth, I never would have likened you to Bette.
I would love to see a pic of your cousin.

Have a great day and enjoy this Chicago weather!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Yesrie said...

Hi, PJ - in order of importance :> , have you seen "48 HRS" (Eddie Murphy & Nick Nolte)? She was Nolte's girlfriend in that. I've always liked her work (although 48 HRS wasn't necessarily her best) and her looks :-) Here's IMDB's bio with filmography, etc. Google image will get you a bunch of pictures.

Don't know about the runtime errors. Bluehost and/or Wordpress might've been having issues. The only thing I did to my Comments lately was to put on partial moderation - you should be ok since the system knows you already, from prior comments :-) But, email me (there's a link on the sidebar) if it persists in being rude to you!

3:24 PM  
Blogger jennipah said...

jen - you are TOO funny! i can see a little bit of all those folks in you. i still think the myheritage.com picks are hilarious too. i've been told i look like this korean star named uhm jung hwa, but no one knows her in the states. myheritage told me nicole richie?

and did you REALLY know ungaro at 12? you're way ahead of your time. my mom tweezed my brows when i was in high school. that made me ahead of my time too... but i also had a tan line!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

OMG this is the best post, J! You DO look like Giada. The Madonna thing is hilarious. I laughed so hard at the drunk man's rant, I almost fell off my chair.

I am stealing the Streep/Lohan pic for my blog! (With a link of course.)

As for me, I have been told I look like La Lohan, but mostly like Julianne Moore. In the mid 90s when my hair was shorter and redder - and when the X Files were popular - I was told by more than a few very nerdy boys that I resembled Gillian Anderson aka Agent Scully. But mostly, it's Julianne Moore.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

OK, second comment LOL - I totally plagiarized MY OWN COMMENT and posted it on my blog. LOL.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Luring the boys with my mad Sloppy Joe Skills said...

Jen...I have been told I look like Kirsten Dunst and I have been told I look like Reese Witherspoon. Of course, now that I am blonde, I still dont see it. I havent really been told I look like anyone else. That I can remember anyway. What do you think? At least you posted the good pic not the one with elvis. YUCK! Carry on my soul sista. LOVE YA! ~M

7:29 AM  
Blogger risa said...

just read this and i have to say that i don't think you look like any of the above. you remind me of another actress i know, but you don't really look just like her, nor can i remember her name. of course ;)

i get all sorts of weird "you look like"s - i used to rant about it in my old blog. i get Jennifer Connelly and Demi Moore surprisingly frequently; i can see the former but not the latter. i also get Winona Ryder and Helena Bonham Carter, which makes me think people are on crack. ;)

10:47 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

You kinda resemble famous NYC blogger Stephanie Klein! ;-) She also has long curly red hair.

6:26 AM  
Blogger someone said...

I've been told "a kinder, gentler Sandra Bernhard," Michelle Pfeiffer, Julia Roberts (when I was younger--the big lips and big-ass smile), Kim Basinger (also when I was younger), and most recently, Rachel McAdams.
All very complimentary and all completely unalike, don't ya think? Or rather, all very complimentary but not at all complementary.

By the way, from that pic you posted, I can see why people would compare you to Meryl. You have those cheekbones. Great hair, too. You're gorgeous.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Anjelkiss said...

I too have been told I look like
various stars.
Some are:
Julia Roberts, Brittany Spears,
Older Paris Hilton, Faye Dunaway,
Michelle Pfiffer, even Barbara Streisand and others.
I wish someone could help me out by going to www.myspace.com/Anjelkiss
and tell me who I am?
I would like to start doing some impersonations (if I really have any likenesses at all) and hone in on trying to make money with my talnets. I do sing a bit like Heart and Olivia Newton John.
Someone PLEASE help me out.
Anjelkiss@gmail.com

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home