Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Things that creep a monkey out.....Marc Jacobs Shoes


Varment Footwear.
Critter Couture.
Rodent Shoes.
Marc Jacobs-what gives?

I am sorry, but this is just creepy. To my eye, this is a shoe fashioned to look like a mouse. Am I wrong? Is it a guinea pig? That is still a rodent right? Are these supposed to be cute and I just do not get it? Have designers used up all their creativity and now we can expect a trend of rodent inspired designs? I can see it now in the New York Times....
"RODENT IS THE NEW BLACK"!

If you do decide to wear these shoes this season, then I must warn you of a few things.

First, if I happen to see you traipsing around in these shoes be warned-- I will laugh and point, then laugh some more. Then, I will probably get on my cell phone and call all my friends and be like "You 'member those shoes I blogged about? Yes, the varment ones? Someone is actually wearing them!!!" Then I will probably ask you if you will let me take a photo of you wearing the shoes, so I can post it here on my blog.... so I can laugh yet some more.

The second thing I feel it is my duty to warn you about is this:

Please for the love of all things holy --WATCH YOUR STEP!



(shoe photo is from NeimanMarcus.com)
*disclaimer-I love Marc Jacobs, but I cannot let these shoes slip by without a comment--albeit a snarky comment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Luring the boys with my mad Sloppy Joe Skills said...

Cracking me up!!! The whole rodent on my feet thing? No, I think not. I would pull out my old ropers again (shudder the thought) before wearing a hamster on my feet. Where is the NEW fashion these days? I agree with your previous post about the 80's coming back. My daughter had on a pair of pink converse the other day. I laughed.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Yesrie said...

LOLOL on the rodent shoes! Maybe you'd prefer to be black-template-Blogspot from head to toe! Maybe it's just me, but all I could think of was Blogspot when I saw the black ones. For a brief moment I contemplated getting them, just so I could say I was putting on my blogging shoes, or call them my blogclogs, or something :>
Yez

5:26 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Misty,

Hello doll! ROPERS!!! Oh my gosh, not that is a blast from the past. I have not thought about my ropers for ages. I still have both pair though--still in the Justin box! HA!

Hello Mimi-

Thanks for visiting and thanks for the kind words! You should fear the rodent trend--you should fear it HARD!

Hello Yez,

Those shoes do look like that one blogspot template--hilarious! Blogclogs is the best funny I have heard all day!!!

xo
Jen

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home