Saturday, April 22, 2006

Viva la House of Ungaro! Peter Dundas Rules!





Lately I have been a little bored with most fashion shows. The shows just cannot keep my attention. Maybe I have been so interested in fashion for so long that I have become jaded. Do not get me wrong, there are some things that have knocked my socks off....but very few things. However--Peter Dundas is rocking my world lately. Norwegian born Peter Dundas took over designs at Emanuel Ungaro when Asim Abdullah bought the house a while back. Vincent Darre was Dundas's predecessor and his designs did not wow the fashion critics. But then again they can be a hard nut to crack--if you know what I mean.

I have always had a fond place in my heart for Emanuel Ungaro because I went to middle school with a boy named Robby Ungaro and I always wondered if he was related to Sir Emanuel. I was talking to some friends one day when I was in the 7th grade and I was saying it would be so cool if Robby was related to Emanuel, and they looked at me like I was crazy. Noone in the state of Oklahoma at the age of 12 knew who Emanuel Ungaro was --but me. I was a very odd kid. Instead of Teen Beat, I was reading British Vogue. Instead of Seventeen, I was reading Cosmopolitan.
Ungaro's fashion through the years has been a little " loud" for me until recently. I loved their most recent runway shows, especially the stunning red dress above. Now I cannot get enough. I am especially impressed with his shoes this season.

This would have to be my very favorite shoe this spring. These are stunning...I mean really. They take my breath away. I saw them in a French fashion magazine a couple of months ago and I have been wanting to post about them ever since. Peter Dundas, I think I love you.

These shoes are also to die for. The camel leather and the purple satin are just gorgeous together. I am swooning!

These are beautiful too and seem much more "wearable". These are not too fancy to wear to dinner sometime. The others are not too fancy to wear to dinner in some places....but in my place I would get some weird looks from the soccer moms in thier Old Navy flip flops. (no offense to soccer moms who wear old navy flip flops--I LOVE old navy flip flops) AHEM.

I love this purse, but I honestly feel it looks too much like a Mulberry bag. I love the Mulberry line, but hey it has already been done....by Mulberry. The color of blue is lovely, and the bag is great....but like I said.....Mulberry.

This clutch is simply stunning. To me, it looks like art. It would go beautifully with the camel and purple shoes above. I think I must try to get this bag for summer. It is so unique, and for some strange reason I am obsessed with jewel toned purple this season.

I am very excited to see more from Peter Dundas. I liked what he did for Cavalli, and I am in love with what he is doing at Ungaro. Go on witchyour bad self Peter!

(all photos from EmanuelUngaro.com)

5 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I totally LOVE that first pair of shoes you display!

They would look so awesome on you. Are these one of the pairs you bought?

BTW: I am now using comment moderation. How do you find the comments to post them? Can you post something please and show me?

Thanks, doll....

xoxox

6:24 PM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, I'm drooling over the first shoes. Drooling.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

The suede+purple pump is just brilliant! LOVE IT! But you're right that the fashion world has gone kinda boring, there are no hot new trends on the map this season and nothing to inspire me in the magazines.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Barbara,

I love them too. They are beautiful. I hope comment moderator is working well for you.

Hi Tessa,

I drool every time I look at them!

Hello Crystal-

Those suede and purple ones are fabulous aren't they????? I love them!
Have a wonderful time on your travels!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog by chance, but wanted to pass along that I DID in fact go to high school with Pete Dundas, in little ole South Bend, Indiana. And I remember he was delightful!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home