Friday, May 12, 2006

Benevolent Blogging













The awesome Katie at www.scentzilla.com invited me to join an awesome day of love, support and help to others.

It is called Benevolent Blogging. On May 14, Mother's Day- every blogger involved agrees to send a designated amount of money for every comment on their blog to their favorite charity or charities.
To learn more about this go to www.scentzilla.com or www.benevolentblogging.blogspot.com/

(Edited--I will start counting comments today. I know many of my readers will be busy honoring their Mom's and their wives and may not have time to comment on Sunday. )



I am thrilled to be involved in this and I am looking forward to lots of comments--snarky or otherwise ,so I can send lots of money to my favorite charities.

I will be donating to the Human Society because there are few things I love more than animals. See more about the Humane Society of the United States at www.hsus.org

I will also be donating to the Muscular Dystrophy Association in honor of my great friend Stephanie who is living with Fredriechs Ataxia ( one of the over 40 types of neuromuscular diseases emcompassed by the MDA). To learn more about The Muscular Dystrophy Association go to www.mdausa.org .

I hope others get on board because if bloggers all over the world get involved this can be a very powerful day for helping, healing, and changing.

Become involved in Benevolent Blogging. Blogging to help is the best reason to blog ever!

Here is a list of some awesome bloggers involved and their charities.

Beauty Addict for Orphan Foundation of America
Blogdorf Goodman for FINCA International
Brain Trapped in Girl's Body for FINCA International
A Girl's Gotta Spa for Orphan Foundation of America
MonkeyPosh for Humane Society of the United States and Muscular Dystrophy Association
Mother Hen’s Place for Aga Khan Foundation Canada
Legerdenez for Orphan Foundation of America
One Child Left Behind for Heifer International
Perfume Posse for Orphan Foundation of America
Perfumery for FINCA International
Perfume-Smellin' Things for Orphan Foundation of America
The Scented Salamander for Orphan Foundation of America
Scenteur 7 for Orphan Foundation of America
Scentzilla! for FINCA International
SmellyBlog for FINCA International
The Soap Blog for UNIQUE
That Obscure Object of Desire for FINCA International
Victoria's Own for FINCA International
Yankee Family goes South for Orphan Foundation of America

15 Comments:

Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Thanks Patty!

I appreciate it very much.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Curley's Mobile DJ Services said...

So do I comment today or on May 14th? Happy to help you help others.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hey Curtis...THANKS! Because of your question I edited my post that all comments starting with today will count, because so many people will be busy this weekend...being a Mom or honoring their Mom.

I hope your lovely wife H has a great Mother's Day.

By the way--I forgot to mention I love the pic you added. You look all serious!!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Thanks so much! It is very much appreciated!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger priscilla said...

I love your blog, and am happy to help such worthy causes! I'm glad you added the note that you started counting now...that's been a bit confusing on other sites. Have a happy day!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Green Eyes,

Thanks so much for your comment. I love your blog too and I love your sweet Kitty Diva! What a beauty!!

Have a lovely day and do not be a stranger!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Yesrie said...

Upping your count! I can't be a sponsor, but I can be a digit for ya :>
Yez

hizztecs - that would be the Marshall stack, the playstation, the power tools-- oh no wait. It's prolly an ancient Central American corollary to the Amazons. Yeah, that's it.

12:01 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Hey, how wonderful! I wasn't sure if you would be in or not, given your schedule! This is great. So, here's a comment from me for your great choices in charities, and I've sent on the mass email to you with a final link list. Thank you J!!!!!!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Urban Chick said...

peekaboo!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Caitlin Shortell said...

Happy Mother's Day! Good to explore your blog, too.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hi Jen! Have a great day you posh little monkey you :-)

xo
Laura

5:34 AM  
Blogger Tania said...

Blog on, baby!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

Happy mama's day! Normally I AM snarky, but I try to behave on Mother's Day...

12:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with the benevolent blogging.

7:18 PM  
Blogger EMILY said...

Tootie and Nikki want me to comment on their behalf. Does that count as one comment or three? We must do m. henry. It needs to be blogged about. It's screaming to contend with mascara and J-Piv. Oh yes.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home