Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Whoa- Big Fatty- Bam Ba Lam ba Lam





URBAN DECAY- BIG FATTY MASCARA

With a name reminiscent of a certain herbal ciggie, and the very posh Pucci-esque packaging, what is not to love about Big Fatty Mascara already? I mean seriously--I loved it before I even opened the box. It had me at hello.

Upon opening the package I was a bit alarmed at how big and fatty the mascara applicator part of the wand really was. It is HUGE. I was a little afraid at first, but upon touching this magic fatty wand to my lashes the birds started singing and pixies started dancing--if only in my head. The application of this mascara was wonderful. My lashes did not look clumpy at all. This is not a waterproof formula, but my lashes at the end of a rainy, windy day look as good as when I left the house this morning.
With a name like Big Fatty, I thought my lashes might look like this:
But, I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't. Tammy Faye's lashes sure were big and fat though! This is my eye lashes in Big Fatty at the end of a very long day.

I put Big Fatty on this morning before heading out the door in the torrential rain to Chicago. While in Chicago, I had to stand in the rain to wait for cabs, brave the weather getting from one place to another, walk from the train station to my car while getting soaked, get hit in the face with a nerf ball at doggie day care and still my lashes look great. No running, flaking, smearing or clumping.

I heart Big Fatty.



I did not use this product with a lash primer.

I would give Big Fatty a rating of a big fat 9.

(photo from Sephora.com and graphic from Katie at www.scentzilla.com and a very silly mystery girl who loves mascara)

(post title is a play on words from the song Black Betty by Ram Jam)

8 Comments:

Blogger Curley's Mobile DJ Services said...

I heart Big Fatty.

I would give Big Fatty a rating of a big fat 9.

Sometimes you make it to easy!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Yes, yes....I aim to please Mr. Curtis.

Big Fatty does indeed rock my world!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Curley's Mobile DJ Services said...

Cute picture though...big fatty lover.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Aw shucks....covering my mouth and giggling Meryl Streep style!

Tee hee heeeeee!

Thanks!

10:08 AM  
Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

big fatty

11:47 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

NYC TAXI SHOTS--

Hmmmm...interesting comment. Are you just musing out loud about this cool and interesting mascara...
OR
Are you calling me big fatty?

I am perplexed.

For what it is worth--I LOVE your blog.

11:51 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Hm. I was slightly underwhelmed by the last UD mascara that came out, but perhaps I'll have to give this line another chance. I didn't even know they had a new one. Huh. Well, no shock I didn't know: the Nordstroms that carries UD in Portland carries quite possibly the teensiest stock of theirs. Like, the display is tucked into the back corner of the downtown store, so no one ever ventures back there. Including me.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Katie,

I find it to be a little like Dior Show...only not quite as thick. I love it. I got it at Sephora in Chicago. Our Nordies only has a small amount of UD also.
I can send you one if you want.

lemme know!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home