Friday, June 16, 2006

Folks that make a Monkey smile...Ricky Gervais

BRILLIANT. Ricky Gervais is brilliant! I first saw him in the original BBC version of THE OFFICE. He was hilarious beyond belief. He played the quirky David Brent who was the regional manager of the paper company. The format was the same as the American version with the cameras always following. I miss the original version, but I do enjoy the American version with Steve Carrell in the regional manager role.
Steve is hilarious too.


Ricky also did a show in HBO last season called Extras. It was funny enough, but did not have the character development or the supporting players that made The Office so fabulous.




(photos from BBC.CO.UK and nbc.com)

5 Comments:

Blogger priscilla said...

I love both versions of that show, and both of those guys do an amazing job (plus I loved Steve Carrell in The 40-Year-Old Virgin)...but what tips me toward the American version is Dwight. :D

7:04 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Green Eyes-

YES-Dwight is so funny and weird. I also have a small crush on Jim.
I am so rooting for him and Pam!

7:31 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I have never seen either of these shows.

Just wanted to say hello before I go off to a busy day at work.

Hope we can touch base this weekend.
xoxox to F & N.

7:31 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I haven't really gotten into the Office, but when I do catch it, it's hilarious (haven't seen the BBC version).

Steve Carrell is wickedly funny; his Emmy (or was it Golden Globe?) acceptance speech was one of the best I've ever seen!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Have you checked out Ricky Gervais' podcasts? They are hilarious!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home