Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Lippman Collection





I love Deborah Lippman. I have met her a couple of times at events and she is hilarious, nice, talented, lovely and a little naughty! I love her products. I own many of her nail polishes which are awesome. Her nail polish remover (called The Stripper) is my favorite. It smells of lavendar. She says she made it smell that way so that when she is doing runway shows and doing the nails of many a model that it smells relaxing like aromatherapy and not assaulting and industrial like most nail polish removers.

Deborah is a trained jazz singer, so most of her polishes are named after fun jazz songs such as Bitches Brew, Makin' Whoopie, and Lady Is A Tramp.


Deborah also has a line of polishes she made in collaboration with celebrities. Kelly Ripa made one called Whatever Lola Wants- a shimmery lavendar, in honor of her daughter Lola. Mary J. Blige made one called No More Drama-a very wearable beige, and Sarah Jessica Parker made one called Sarah Smile-a very light, natural pink. Sarah Smile is one of my personal favorites.

Deborah Lippman is a manicurist to the stars. She does the nails of many people featured on magazine covers. One time she told me about the Vanity Fair cover she did. It was for the Kings of Hollywood. Deborah was telling me about giving manicures to all these men:
Her favorite was Hugh Grant. She said the massage portion of Hugh's manicure was really long. AMEN sister!

One of my favorite products in the Lippman Collection is the Rich Girl hand cream with SPF 25. As a redhead I constantly have to be aware of sun exposure, and you know, they say the hands are the first place to show age. In recent years I have become obsessed with SPF on my hands. I keep a tube of Rich Girl in the car, in my gym bag and in my purse at all times. I love it!


You can find The Lippman Collection at www.lippmancollection.com or www.nordstrom.com . Deborah Lippman is a wonderul and funny lady. Next time you are in the market for nail products, give her a try.

Have a great day!

(photos from www.lippmancollection.com , www.nordstrom.com , and guardian.co.uk)

8 Comments:

Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello MeMe!

Yes you are the polish queen. I like Bitches Brew too, but I like Miso Chocolate Icing as far as colors in that genre go.

7:05 PM  
Blogger priscilla said...

I'm going to look for that Sarah Smile this weekend! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I'm more of an Opi girl(they make it right here in the Valley) - but I'll look for that Lippman stripper next time I'm shopping.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Howdy Greeneyes,

I hope you find Sarah Smile. It is lovely! You have a wonderful weekend too!

Hi Mary-

I like OPI also--I was not aware it is made in your neck of the woods. My fave OPI colors are Italian Love Affair, Bubble Bath and I'm Not Really a Waitress.
Hugs to you and Day-Z!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Patricia Perry said...

Because you have all the best beauty recommendations, I picked up my tube of Rich Girl at Nordstrom's last night - love it!

I took a quick look at the polishes but couldn't find Sarah Smile. I was pressed for time, though - maybe next time.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hooray Joni!!
I am so glad you got it and that you love it. It smells good too, huh?

It will make your hands lovely and soft for romantic hand holding! **giggle giggle >>blush blush<<<**

4:50 PM  
Blogger EMILY said...

I'd give Hugh Grant an extra looooong massage any day of the week. ROWR.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Em-
Ah yes, I would just sit and listen to Hugh talk to me all day long.
Oh and Em....I no likey your new photo that is with your post. It is scary. The one with no photoshop is beautiful.

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home