Monday, July 31, 2006

Ode to the Birkin

My favorite bag in the world is the Hermes Birkin Bag,named after Jane Birkin. The Hermes Kelly bag is a close second. It is named after the beautiful Grace Kelly. Both bags are timeless, classic and beautiful.


Jane Birkin in Paris 1975

Jane Birkin in Paris 1968
Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin in Paris 1968
Beautiful blue ostrich Birkin (top)
Gorgeous green Kelly bag (bottom)
(apologies: Blogger is not cooperating with me today. It will not let me align the pictures with the captions. Sorry!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Annieytown said...

All hail Birkin!!!!
I have always loved that damn bag.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Lovely Ladies!

Mels-

Jane was very provocative in a very waify, druggie, Euro kind of way. Jane and Serge were the Brad and Angelina of Europe in the 70's.
Jane and Serge have a very interesting and volatile story. Jane now lives between London and Paris.

Yes the Bahamaritas were grand. The only thing that would have been better is

A. If I would have ordered what you told me to order in the first place --YUM--and
B. If we would have really been in the Bahamas!
When I went to the mall afterwards, I got 2 compliments on my necklace!! Thanks!

Annie-

I have always loved the Birkin too. It is beautiful, but I wish it had a shoulder strap!
I want a red ostrich skin Kelly bag. Um hello they are like $26,000.00! Seriously.

BTW have you tried the new Matthew Williamson perfume? I was hoping for so much more because I love Matthew. Oh well.

Have a beautiful day!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home