Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Come back to me Ester....please


Ester- ESTER can you hear me sweet (yet kinda mean looking) Ester?

Where on earth have you been dear Ester??? Come back little Ester. You look so nice when you smile, so why do I like it more when you look mean?

I stopped dead in my tracks the first time I saw a magazine lay out with Ester Canadas in the 90's. She was so gorgeous in an androgynous, huge lipped, slightly scary kind of way. She looked different than anyone else in the 90's when she became famous and I LOVED HER -because she was from Spain and she was unique.
Ester was everywhere...then *POOF* she was just gone. She faded away, and I missed her. I have not seen her in an American Magazine (nor European magazine) in a very long time. Where were you Ester? Rehab? Asia? Pregnant? I think after she married Dutch model Mark Vanderloo in 1999 she put modeling on the back burner, and I didn't like it--I wanted her back.
Then, last week I was drinking my Riesling and thumbing through the pages of one of my favorite European magazines and J-lo and behold, who was there looking hotter and meaner than ever? ESTER that is who! A full 8 pages of gorgeous Ester photos!

I hope Ester comes back to me...and by me, I mean magazines, and by magazines I do not just mean the social pages of Tattler. Humor me Ester--if for no other reason, for the fact that America is T. I. R. E. D. of seeing Carolyn Murphy EVERYWHERE. I know, right?

I look forward to seeing you Ester!


(photos from Askmen.com and estercanadasfanpage.com) Oh and no offense to Carolyn Murphy but jeez--chica is everywhere!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I know I personally enjoyed Esther's small, non-speaking role in "The Thomas Crown Affair." She looked h-o-t, but you are right, also sort of scary.

2:26 PM  
Blogger MISS S said...

I had never heard or seen Ester before this post. When I first saw her pic I thought of Jaime Pressly. They look alike, don't you think? Jaime stars in the show My name is Earl (I do not watch it). About 5 or 6 years ago she was on the show Jack & Jill (I loved it).

Talk soon:) HUGS

5:41 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Oh Melvis--I so remember that. Karen is so lovely--and she just went ape shit. Bless her heart.

I loved Renee Simonson and Kelly Emberg too. I have loved models my whole life.


Hi Jamie,

I know--so hot in a scary creepy kind of way. Totally unique!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Thump,

At first I was like Jaime Pressley--YOU ARE ON CRACK....but then I looked at some old pics of her and I can see where you might think they look sorta alike, maybe a little if I get drunk and squint and look through Saran Wrap.
Just kidding.

I think Ester is looks WAY more exotic than Jaime. Her character on My Name Is Earl cracks me up totally.

Have a great night!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home