Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Yes, but can it block flamboyancy rays?

This past Saturday I had the opportunity to attend the 2006 PGA Championship in Medinah, Illinois. I had a new facial sunscreen I was wanting to try out, so a golf tourney was the perfect opportunity.


As a rule, I have very sensitive skin. My skin is especially sensitive when it comes to sunscreen. They seem to make me break out, turn red, or just feel like I have grease on my face--YUCK. It is a double edged sword, because I NEED to wear sunscreen, but most of the time it just feels so gross. The fact that this sunscreen was for sensitive skin made me all the more excited to test it out.

I had read about this Alba Botanica Facial Sunscreen SPF 20 for Sensitive Skin and I was very excited to try it. What better place than a golf tournament to give it a spin. I was outside all day with little to no shade-so it was perfect.

When I first applied the Alba Botanica sunscreen to my face, I was pleasantly surprised by how light and clean it felt. No heavy, greasy feel at all. My makeup went on nicely over it and even with makeup applied over it, it still did not feel too heavy.

I was out in the sun for over 7 hours(which without the right sunscreen would FRY a natural redhead) and I am happy to report that I did not get any trace of a sunburn--not even a freckle. I kept my hopes high, but my expectations low, but I was very happy with the Alba Botanica facial sunscreen. I find it much better than the Oil of Olay or Clinique facial sunscreens I usually use. The Alba Botanica has an SPF of 20, and some of you may want a higher SPF, but I just applied this 2 more times throughout the day, and it worked like a dream. Even with 2 more applications throughout the day, it still felt lighter than lots of other sunscreens.

Although the awesome Alba Botanica sunscreen was able to block the harshest rays of the August sun upon my face at the PGA Championship--it was not able to protect me from the rays beaming off this:


Nor were my Tom Ford sunglasses able to save my retinas which are now burnt like 2 pieces of charred coal. What this photo does not show, are the Kimora Lee Simmons style rhinestone logos on his shirt and the butt of his pants. God love Ian Poulter for bringing color, style and....
flamboyancy back to the game of golf. GO IAN GO!!!! If you have a glass of wine and squint--you will swear this is Tommy Tune. Fabulous!


Nor was my sunscreen able to save me from the bright sparkle in Mike Weir's eye. Mike is one of my favorite golfers . This photo does not do his sparkly eyes justice. The sparkle is blinding---Trust me!
And last but not least, my sunscreen, my sunglasses, and a full body suit of shade could not save me from the glow that radiates from Tiger Woods---or his lovely smile. Tiger has a glow around him. Some people in this world are truly gifted.
Congrats to him on his PGA Chamionship win.




All in all I give the Alba Botanica SPF facial sunscreen for sensitive skin an A+. I love it. I found mine at Whole Foods Market, but I have seen it on Drugstore.com and also at Meijer.


Have a sunny day!

(photo of Alba Botanica from www.drugstore.com . Photos of golfers from SI.com, Callaway.com , and Getty Images)

5 Comments:

Blogger Curley's Mobile DJ Services said...

Quite an indepth breakdown of this fabulous sunscreen. I now know what to get the wife as a surprise small gift. Alba Botanica!!!

Thanks for the picture of that fabulous outfit worn by Ian Poulter. I now am less afraid of leaving my house in my yellow slacks, purple glitter dipped Nikes and my neon orange western shirt! Some might consider this outfit as making Ian gay. I say, he's the most confident hetro-sexual walking the planet! It takes brass balls the size of a brauma to wear that git-up!

What hole or holes were you at during the tourny?

1:12 AM  
Blogger admin said...

I need a good facial cream.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi C--

It would be a perfect gift for your lovely wife--with her beautiful skin (that I have commented on before). Those with beautiful skin have to protect it. Your little redhead could probably benefit from it too.

Please send me a picture of your yellow slacks and purle glitter dipped Nikes! ROFL.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Your Holiness,

Thanks for taking time out to visit my humble blog.

I find your skin to be quite nice, but one can always benefit from a good facial cream--especially one with SPF. It gets quite sunny in Rome this time of year.

Thanks again for visiting--and I think you are quite fetching in your Red Prada Loafers.

Have a lovely day and
Peace be with you (and also with me).

Amen

12:49 PM  
Blogger jennipah said...

fabulous pics and fabulous sun protection! i'm a sunscreen junkie, but i realized i've been missing my hands because i discovered my first sunspots - gasp!!! do you have any hand cream recs, dear jen?

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home