Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Gloss is Boss (& skinny jeans to follow)


This week I was on a Lip Gloss and Skinny Jean hunting expedition. When I first heard the Skinny Jean was making a return I was scared, but I mustered my strength and tried them out and really they are not scary at all. The trick is just finding the right ones to flatter your body. I cannot get any of my jeans pics to post-- so I will just focus on the glosses. Jeans post to follow as soon as blogger decides to cooperate.

My fave gloss finds this weekend were:


Chantecaille lip gloss in Charm. Chantecaille has beautiful glosses. They are thick and long lasting, but not sticky at all. Charm is a lovely neutral pink.

I am in love with Jemma Kidd's new line of makeup called Jemma Kidds Makeup School. I have blogged about her items before but just this week I tried her glosses.


I ordered Bloom and Bare from Jemma's line of glosses from Neiman Marcus. They are great glosses and I liked the colors, but honestly the Chantecaille gloss feels better on the lips.

The third gloss I fell in love with was a new one by Chanel called Wonderland. It is a transluscent pink with sparkle.

I know, I know, but I am a sucker for a tiny bit of sparkle in a gloss.


The little swatch below the glosses is of Wonderland. It is beautiful and sheer and shiny.

As far as the Jeans go, I was able to find some awesome Rag and Bone Skinny Jeans that I cannot find a photo of, but I also got a pair of gray skinny jeans from Seven. I know Seven is getting to be a little passe, but they have a great fit and I wanted some gray jeans since gray is the new neutral this season. . In addition, I was able to find some True Religion Julie Stovepipe jeans that fit great and will fit nicely inside some high boots.



What wonderful makeup or fashion finds have you found lately?

Have a beautiful day!


(photos from www.NeimanMarcus.com , www.Gloss.com and www.Chanel.com )

3 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Perry said...

My new favorite lip gloss is Nars Lip Stain Gloss in Sayonara - very nice, subtle, mauvy color.

Anyone else notice that this shade was virtually unavailable after InStyle's Summer Makeover edition touted it as a "Universally Flattering" shade? I was only recently able to find it at Sephora.

Skin care - I'm in love with Burt's Bees products - especially the Carrot Complexion Soap and the Coconut Foot Creme. Great stuff and cheap too!

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you are a brave soul to go for the skinny jeans! I am not overweight by any stretch of the imagination, but I am still a pear-shape, and I'm pretty sure the second I got a pair of skinny jeans zipped up and buttoned, Stacy and Clinton from "What Not to Wear" would magically appear to tell me to TAKE THEM OFF, NOW! ;-)

Lovely glosses, though! I have to try that Jemma Kidd makeup still.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Nicky said...

I love lip gloss, especially Juicy Tubes from Lancome but I am going to try the Jemma Kidd ones that you mentioned too! Thanks for the tip:)

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home