Monday, October 02, 2006

TOM FORD : BLACK ORCHID


Be still my heart... My man Tom Ford is debuting his new fragrance , Black Orchid exclusively at Neiman Marcus!!

According to the website, the Top Notes are: Black Truffle and Ylang Ylang mingled with Fresh Bergamot and Black Currant.

The Middle Notes are: Dark Florals and Rich Fruit Accords. The heart is deepened with intoxicating lotus wood.

The Base Notes are: Patchouli, Incense, Vetiver, and Vanilla Tears add a fluid creaminess to Warm Balsam and Smooth Sandal Wood.

Does anyone know what in the sam hill Vanilla Tears are? I do not know, but cry me a Vanilla River because this fragrance is DELICIOUS. All the unique notes blend so well together. I was able to get my paws on some when it was still in the incubation stage. It was super secret and I have kept my mouth shut about it till now when it made it's debut to the world.

I love Tom Ford and I love this creation.

(photos from Neiman Marcus.com)

4 Comments:

Blogger NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

i wasn t calling you big fatty

11:58 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

I have been waiting for this day for months...I pre-ordered it just now and will be crazily checking my email waiting for shipping notification.

Tom Ford is just beautiful...I would buy a mound of dirt if he designed it and his picture was on the box it came in!

How's the lasting power and how strong is the black orchid? Thanks!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hi NYC taxi shots,

Thanks for stopping by again! Are you talking about my big fatty mascara from months ago?

*Hi Gretchen,
Thanks for visiting. I agree with you on the mound of dirt and Tom Ford. He is indeed beautiful and has a charisma that exceeds sexual orientation!

*When I smelled it, I thought the woods and currants were the dominating notes.
I have ordered a new bottle too and will be patiently awaiting it. When you get yours, you will have to let me know what you think about it. I love to hear opinions on fragrances!

Melanie--
Oh don't count it out so quickly. You may not detect much Bergamot at all when you try it. Like with Chinatown I get STRONG coriander, but when I smell it on Annie--I get soft floral.
Hmmm maybe tears does me drops. I am pondering hard on this one!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Ella Bella Party Clown said...

It’s nice that Mr. Ford recently launched his fragrance, Black Orchid, but there’s a little problem.

Black Orchid, as a trademark, is owned by Lander Co. Inc.

The Trademark Office has recently informed Mr. Ford that his “Registration of the proposed mark is refused because of a likelihood of confusion with the mark in U.S. Registration No. 1089523.” Lander registered the mark, Black Orchid, on April 18, 1978.

So now the question is: how much will Estee Lauder have to pay Lander for use of the trademark.

Estee Lauder was in the same situation with Diddy’s Unforgivable. A French company had already registered Unforgiven. In that case, they worked out an undisclosed deal.

Business before pleasure, Mr. Ford…

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home