Thursday, November 23, 2006

I love fun Holiday makeup!

I am a total girlie girl and I love love love makeup,(and shoes, and clothes and perfume, etc) and I love that during the holiday season the cosmetic companies break out the big guns in the way of gorgeous, eyecatching holiday makeup. This season there seems to be a bumper crop of beautiful things. Here are some favorites I have picked up recently.
Bourjois Paris always delivers fun and whimsical themes to their seasonal makeup lines. This season they have a Parisian Circus kind of theme going. This palette is called Astonishing Acrobat . The Big Top Beauty With the Breathtaking Eyes! The 3 eye colors are perfect for holiday parties. There is a silver shadow, a light shimmery pink shadow and a dark blue shadow with just a hint of sparkle. The dark blue would make a beautiful smokey look. I purchased this beauty at Sephora (www.Sephora.com) . I took a closer picture of the tin the shadows come in just because I think it is so cute!
When I first saw this gorgeous Chanel eye shadow palette (50 Marbres Tendres) I had to have it. It took a little searching, but I was finally able to make it mine. They look like watercolor to me. The shadow on the bottom right looks like the earth from space. I am not sure if I can ever bring myself to use it or not because it is just so pretty. I found this at Bergdorf Goodman. (www.bergdorfgoodman.com)
This is the beautiful Cle de Peau Eye Color Quad in #9. Gorgeous colors for a redhead. I love the bronze and purple colors, with the shimmery color in the upper corner. I purchased this at Saks. (www.saks.com)

Last, but not least is the gorgeous City Chick Smokey Eye Kit by the beautiful and talented Mally Roncal. The one pictured is called Central Park. Mally made 6 different collections so that everyone could find colors for them and so women would not be afraid of the smokey eye. Each palette comes with a complimenting eye liner.

The other kit choices are:

Brownstone- with taupes, browns and a lovely mauve.

Midtown Merlot- with beiges, and plummy wine colors.

Nolita Navy- with 2 shimmery beige colors, a bright blue and a navy blue.

Plum Chelsea- golden browns and gorgeous plum/purple colors.

Skyscraper- comes with a brown and 3 shades of gray--light shimmery/silvery gray, medium tone gray and an almost black shade of gray.

I got my palette at Henri Bendel, but you can also find the whole Mally line at www.QVC.com .

Have a beautiful day!

(Photos property of MonkeyPosh)

4 Comments:

Blogger Swirl Girl said...

Me Me Me!! I want new makeup (hand waving in air). Love those pictures and I am all of a sudden very motivated to get out of my jammies & fix my face. I wish I had cute goodies like the ones in your pictures. I need Application 101 so I can learn some new techniques & color skills. ha ha. So, when you are in the neighborhood, drop on by with your goods and help a sister out.

10:28 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, they're all so adorable. I love the pictures, especially the first one!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

I love the Cle de Peau...beautiful! I'll be in Chicago in 2 weeks and will put that on my (long) shopping list!

I am a total girly girl as well and can't wait to do some serious shopping in your windy city! I just hope it's not too cold! I am giddy with excitement!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Nicky said...

looking at those makes me want to buy myself some Christmas presents! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home