Thursday, November 16, 2006

SKREEE! Tim Gunn completes me!

So, today was a lovely (albeit windy) day in Chicago. I met up with a lovely fellow fragrance lover. We did some shopping, ate some lunch, AND WE FREAKING MET TIM GUNN!!!!!!

That is right. We followed Tim Gunn into Crate & Barrel and we (well me being the obnoxious one) walked right up and introduced myself. He was kind and charming and as the title indicates--he completes me. I really wish I was obnoxious enough to ask for a photo, but alas , I tried to not be a stalker deluxe. He was just trying to buy some dishes or something at Crate & Barrel and the last thing he needed was for a crazy redhead to pester him. He was headed to an event at Macy's. He was so cute, I just wanted to whisk him away to the top of the Sears Tower and confess my obsessive love for him and all of Project Runway. I had to seriously bite my tongue not to start quoting him..."ANDRE WHAT HAPPENED TO ANDRE?"
"Designers you bring me closer to God". Ok that was not a Tim Gunn quote, but it was Santino and it was funny as hell.

Tim was so sweet to us and he was so happy and handsome and precious. He looked at us with that Tim Gunn stare--(you know the one he has when he is telling a wayward designer how he is worried about their moss moo moo and how he just wants to make sure they are willing to defend it to Nina Garcia? yeah that look) and he said "I really love Chicago". You know what?

CHICAGO LOVES YOU TOO TIM GUNN! !!!!!!!!!

Hello to the lovely Perfumer at http://www.aromascope.com/ . It was such a nice day!

(photo from OUT.com)

5 Comments:

Blogger elle said...

At last - some details on the Tim Gunn siting! Ms. I failed to tell me that he was in Crate & Barrel or that he said he loved Chicago...or maybe I was so dazed at the fact that she said he shook her hand that I didn't register that. I will never forgive myself for having gone to FIT and not Parsons. UGH!
It sounds like the two of you had a blast yesterday. :-)
L

4:29 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Elle-
Thanks for visiting! Ms. I was a little less excited than I was to see Tim Gunn--I hope my antics did not shame her to be seen with me- HA!

Have a lovely day and Make it work (wink wink)

5:29 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Oh my! I am SO JEALOUS! Tim Gunn! I would have been so giddy..a dream come true!



By the way, how tall is he?

12:54 PM  
Blogger The Scarlett said...

Tim is about 6 foot tall. He is handsomer, more charismatic, more articulate, more witty and just more everything in person. I love me some Gunn. I'm proud to call him my friend.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Lovely Anjali!
Thanks for stopping by! Tim was wonderful!
Keep in touch sweetie.

Hi Gretchen-
Yes, I was giddy and silly and a complete nerd!

Hello Scarlett,

Yes, he was quite tall and dressed impeccably. He was so polite and charming too!
You are very lucky to call him a friend.
Thanks for visiting the humble blog.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home