Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Beauty Product Challenge :day 2 Chanel No5 Eau Premiere



Today I am going to rave about one of my favorite new fragrances this Fall--Chanel No5 Eau Premiere. It is really not a new fragrance--it is more of a new spin on a classic fragrance.

I have always appreciated the beauty and history of Chanel No5. I understand how groundbreaking it was when it first debuted in Paris in 1921. It was so popular that Coco Chanel launched the "La Société des Parfums Chanel" to sell only her fragrances and beauty products. As you all well know--the rest--as they say, is history. Oh what a history it is.


The photo abovie is the Chanel Headquarters in Paris in the Place Vendome. The city of Paris pays homage to Coco Chanel and the elite beauty she brought to their city. Everyone (even little children) know who she is and know of her products. You can tour one of her apartments in Paris -although this can be terribly touristy, it is still very neat.

Back to the Eau Premiere....as I said earlier I have always appreciated Chanel No5, but I have never truly loved it in the way that you long to smell a fragrance and wish to wear a fragrance. I just could not get over the aldehydes. Aldehydes do not agree with me, no matter how hard I try. Aldehydes give me a headache. I appreciate the glory of a fragrance from a bygone era, but pass the Excedrin Migraine-please.

The new Eau Premiere has all the glory and none of the aldehydes. It is fresh and crisp without smelling nuovo generic, or "young". I hate using the terms "young" or "old" to describe fragrance, but I cannot help but catergorize certain scents as "youngish". I know no better adjetive to describe all the new sickening sweet candy type scents. Some of them are nice, but all of them smell "youthful". Do not get me wrong, Chanel No5 Eau Premiere does not smell old, but rather very sophisticated, fresh and lovely. The drydown is soft and powdery with just the right amount of warm lemon. A touch of sweetness (just a touch) rounds it out to be one of my favorite fragrances this fall. I love it.

Chanle No5 Eau Premiere can be found at Saks Fifth Avenue.

Have a classic day!

(photos from Chanel and Wickipedia)

4 Comments:

Blogger Water Into Wine said...

I agree that Chanel No. 5 can cause the head to spin if over-applied , but if applied with parsimony it is my opinion that it is the epitome of class. Even one in the middle of nulpart, America, can close his eyes, smell Chanel No. 5, and be transported to la Colonne Vendôme temporarily before ordering a chicken fried steak with extra gravy.

After reading your review, I am impatient to smell Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really surprised by this scent. I thought by manipulating this classic they would ruin it, but contrare. I like the Eau Premiere better. I am surprised by it's properties.

Lovely review Miss Posh.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore this scent. I do not like aldehydes either.
I know you love Guerlain, but some of them make me sick too.

7:50 AM  
Blogger k said...

i'm not a nicole kidman fan, but my goodness she looks so beautiful in the chanel ads. and she's hawking some watch now too. i nearly crashed the car when i saw the billboard yesterday.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home