Thursday, October 25, 2007

Random Autumn at Chez MonkeyPosh -part 2

So here is the second part of my Autumn post--I have tried to post it all week, but was having computer issues-ACK. I am thrilled with the colors around my neighborhood this Fall. A few weeks ago, my friend Michelle who lives in Florida asked me to share some Fall pictures with her since she does not really get a Fall....so here is to you Michelle My Belle.
I love the tree in this shot, but how the sky turned out takes my breath away. So gorgeous. There is nothing like the sky at dusk.....the perfect yet fleeting time of day. I am not exaclty sure what kind of flowers these are. The flower guy planted them this Spring and they were void of any flowers. I thought they were just green bushes. I was surprised when the weather turned cooler and these beautiful bright purple flowers bloomed.
This is Finley and his friend Sparky. Everyone in our neighborhood with dogs must have an invisible fence....so Finley and Sparky sit on their opposing sides of the invisible fence and pine for each other. So cute.During Fall, I usually get nesty-- meaning I get all wound up to decorate my house because I know when Winter sets in I will be stuck inside the house way more than usual. I have been trying to find some cafe curtains for my informal dining area for about 5 years and I never found anything I liked. I had finally decided to just get some custom made--then I found out how much that costs. So I decided to find some great fabric and try to make some myself ....and that is exactly what I did.
I have always experimented with sewing and making things for my house, but I have to admit--I am pretty proud of these window treatments. They were fun to do, and a fraction of what hireing someone to make them for me would have cost. They are not elaborate, but I dig them--and that is all that counts. Maybe I will start a business sewing things--but only things with straight seams, and things that require no patterns -HA.


Another photo of the gorgeous Autumn sky at my house.


The End(s).

Have a beautiful day!

(all photos courtesy of MonkeyPosh LLC)

7 Comments:

Blogger k said...

you are such a good photographer!
those cafe curtains are gorgeous!
and how cute are finley & sparky?!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Water Into Wine said...

Maybe the flowers are chrysanthemums?

1:29 PM  
Blogger k said...

thought you'd like this that i just saw!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Karen--
Thanks for the kind words, but I know NADA about photography. I just do the old click and pray--that something good comes out. Oh and THANKS so much for saying my curtains are pretty!! Yes, Sparks and Fin are the best of buds!

Thank you so much also for the Neanderthal information. So interesting. Funny that the story came out of Chicago, and the study was done in Germany. I was born in Germany and now live in Chicago...UNCANNY. Oh and may have derived from the Hominids--and I LOVE HOMINY! HA!
As always--so cool to hear from you via our blogs!

Hi WIW-

They may be chrysanthemums--but I am just not sure. It makes sense though for them to be blooming now, huh?
Beautiful day to you kind sir!

8:07 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Love your photos, especially the ones of your curtains!! Get down with your bad self, J! Isn't it such a good feeling to create something with your own hands that is actually useful? I love that feeling.

Red-haired Neanderthals? Study done in Germany where you were born? Story came out of Chi-town where you live? That IS uncanny! And, if they were related to you somewhere down the bloodline, I suspect that they were also as highly evolved as you are. :):)

Hugs and love! Will try to touch base soon.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

THose dogs are the cutest. They need to come visit their Auntie in Oklahoma! :) I love the curtains. Please give me instructions... they are great! You are becoming quite the photographer, Ansel Adams. Yay.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi R--
I tried to respond to you days ago, and blogger would not let me and I just realized I had not responded to you and Christa-

Thanks for saying my curtains look good. I so agree about the feeling of accomplishment when you make something that is functional and that you love.
YES-ha about the Neanderthals. Very funny!

Hi Christa-
Thanks for saying the dogs are cute. Please say a prayer for Forrest. Methinks his days are numbered.
Thanks for the Ansel Adams comment! HA

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home