Sunday, September 30, 2007

Home From Italy and Happy Birthday Hermes!

Hello Friends!
I am home from my Italian Holiday. It was a lovely time, but as with all long trips--I am happy to be home. I adored Tuscany and I learned a lot and saw a lot in Rome.
This top photo is the beautiful Ponte Vecchio in Florence over the Arno River. The Ponte Vecchio is the only bridge in Florence to not be destroyed by the Germans in Word War II.
This is "The Outdoor David" located in the Piazza della Signora/Palazzo Vecchio in Florence. The original David is in the Accademia Gallery and you are not allowed to take photographs of it--yeah right. Everyone was sneaking photos. Seeing the statue of David in the Accademia was one of the most breathtaking moments of the trip. Simply majestic. Thank goodness my husband got all our tickets to most major sites, galleries, and museums from the computer before we left--the lines/queues for everything in Italy can be quite long. I highly suggest getting all tickets beforehand.

September 2007 marks the 70th Birthday of Hermes!!! There were celebrations all over the world during the month of September for this globally adored and revered brand. The hotel we stayed in while in Florence- The Westin Excelsior, hosted a fabulous birthday reception in honor of Hermes. I was lucky enough to get to experience the beautiful reception and it was fabulous and dreamy and everyone was gorgeous.
Above is the catalog from the party. I could not let the month of September go by without sending birthday greetings to one of my favorite fashion houses--so-- HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERMES!
More photos of my Italian Holiday coming soon.
I hope everyone is enjoying Fall so far.
Oh and by the way, my dear friend Neela recommended the Westin Excelsior in Florence and it is fabulous. I cannot rave enough about it-EXCEPT it is located by a church with LOUD bells that start ringing every morning at 7:00am -and they ring at about 15 minute intervals till around 9:00 am--oh my goodness. Not good for a jetlagged and dehydrated Americana. Other than that, the hotel was awesome. Thanks Neela for the great information!
(all photos property of MonkeyPosh LLC)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are home and posting once again.
The Blog world has been lonely without you.

3:42 PM  
Blogger MISS S said...

Thanks 4 the pics. I love it when u share about the photo!!

xoxo

8:33 PM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Sqeeeeeee!!! You are finally back! It sounds like you had a fabuloso time, so don't forget to fill me in on all of the juicy news.

Hugs!

8:44 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Wow, I didn't even know you'd gone. Didja get any good perfumes? It's wonderful that you can fulfill your lust for travel, and that you have a blog to tell everyone about it... I can't wait for details! :-)

5:34 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Anon--
Thanks for the kind words.

Hey Miss S (AKA DAWG)--
Thanks for visiting and thanks for being my friend!

Hi R-
I will try to fill you in on the juicy news if my computer will quit giving me runtime errors--GRRRR. I will try to write you today (friday the 5th)
xoxo

Hi WW-
Thanks for stopping by! I did get some wonderful perfumes and ate WAY too much.
I hope you are doing wonderful.
Kiss Fi for me and for what it is worth, I really do miss your blog posts.
xoxoxo

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home