Saturday, September 01, 2007

Who can turn the world on with her smile? MARY!

This past Thursday I got to meet fellow blogger, Fightin Mad Mary from THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT . She is even more lovely, funny, warm, stylish, pretty, and FABULOUS in person than she is on her blog. I have been reading Mary's blog for over a year now. She writes about restaurants (she lives in L.A. so she has access to all kinds of cool restaurants), makeup, Trader Joe's, her dog Day-Z, consumerism, stores, people who spy on dog walkers, Toys for Troops, Runyan Canyon, clothes, fragrance, all her delightful friends and family, nail polish, etc ---which just happen to be all things I love to read about. Mary is in Chicago for work, so I was so excited to get to meet her.

This is Mary and me in the Signature Room Lounge bathroom...yes bathroom. It is serioulsy one of the best views of the city. I would live in that bathroom if I could. The Signature Room Lounge is on the 96th floor of the John Hancock building and has sweeping views atop the city of Chicago--the bathroom is all glass so the view is incredible. This photo has a strange green cast, and is slightly blurry, but it is the best out of the bunch. A very nice girl visiting Chicago from Canada took about 5 photos for us and they were all blurry and not good. Not that I am saying people from Canada are bad photographers, I am just sayin'.

Here are 2 other photos from the Signature Room Lounge taken about 3 weeks ago. I took these photos and they are not blurry. Not to state the obvious, but I am not from Canada--again--I am just sayin'.

Mary and I laughed and laughed and visited and visited. Mary has a very cool and interesting job so I had tons or questions for her. I hope I did not annoy her with all my queries. We also had a couple of lovely libations. The Signature Room Lounge is known all across the country for their award winning Sidecar Martini....or Sidebar Martini depending on how many you have consumed.

The Sidecar Martini is a delicious drink--very refreshing for a late summer night. Here is the recipe courtesy of Giada de Laurentiis which she got from The Signature Room Lounge when she visited last year.

SIDECAR MARTINI

Ingredients:

1/2 cup sugar

1 lime, zested

1 lime wedge

10 ounces cognac (recommended: Hennessy)

4 ounces Triple Sec liqueur (recommended: Cointreau)

4 ounces sweet and sour mix

4 ounces Limoncello 2 ounces lime juice

Ice

Instructions: Chill 4 martini glasses. In a small shallow dish combine the sugar and the lime zest. Run the lime wedge around the rim of each glass. Dip in the sugar and zest mixture.

If you try a Sidecar Martini, I hope you get to enjoy it with someone as great as Mary.

Thanks Mary, I had a wonderful time. Enjoy the rest of your time in Chicago!

Lovely day to all!

12 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Hey MonkeyPosh... you've been nominated, you can check my blog for the details and nominate seven of your blog friends if you wish.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, you are looking oh so fab. Love you.C

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Monkeyposh! Cle de Peau needs lovers of their liquid foundation for a focus group in NY this week, paying participants $125 to give their opinion about a new foundation being developed. I immediately thought of you from a 2006 post about Cle de Peau. If anyone in NY is interested, they can reach me at 212-986-4885. Call ASAP. Thanks!! -Focus Group Girl

5:42 AM  
Blogger k said...

so glad you guys got to hang out- i love both of your blogs! you both look so gorgeous & cosmpolitan!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun!
The sidecar sounds delicious. I have never heard of that before. Why is it called sidecar? Do they mean like the sidecar of a motorcycle? That is a strange name for a beverage.

You both look cool with the very cool window behind you.
Oh and funny about the Canadians.
I love how people offend but then justify it by saying "I am just saying or sayin".

7:28 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I love a sidecar! So classy!

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so jealous. Looks like you had a nice time. It is so neat and almost odd to meet a fellow blogger in person.
Sounds like Mary is wonderful.
I love her blog too.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Pia said...

Mary sounds fabulous! Both you gals look great and full of life.
That's some view from the lounge!
I must visit Chicago one day soon.
Thanks for the martini recipe, sounds juicy and delicious.

12:57 PM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Woman, you two have it all going on! Sounds like a delightful and memorable time.

Hugs and love!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I'm oh so jealous that you meet Mary! I've e-mailed with her a few times, and she is incredibly sweet!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Tracy-

Thanks so much for this. So kind of you. I am touched and honored. I will list my 7 soon!
Have a great day!

Hi C-
Thanks girl. You are too kind to me. I loved the wedding pics of the family!
Love you back friend!

Hi Karen-
Thanks for the kind words. If you ever make it to Chicago, I would love to meet you ...and of course posh little L!
Happy Wednesday!

Hello Anon--
I have no idea why it is called a Sidecar. It is a strange name for a drink. I will try to find out why it is called a sidecar.
Have a great day--I am just sayin'
HA!

WOW Tessa--
Long time no see or hear from!! I have been checking your blog ...but no updates. I hope you are doing great and enjoying your new apartment.
xo

Hi Anon--
It is kinda odd to meet a fellow blogger. It is like on one hand you feel like you KNOW them, but on the other hand you do not know them. Mary is lovely and just as she seems on her blog.

Hi Pia!
How are you?
Thanks for the kind words. The Sidecare is juicy and delicious and the bathroom is indeed beautiful. You indeed need to make it to Chicago.....just not in the winter. SKREEE so cold!
Have a lovely day!!

Hello R--
How are you sweets? It was a lovely time!
Thanks for your kind words!
Much Love!

Hi Christine-
Thanks for stopping by. Mary is very sweet!
I am loving your blog!


Lovely day to all!

1:36 AM  
Blogger Water Into Wine said...

I always thought it was Sidebar Martini personally!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home