Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Busy.

Ok--so I have been surprisingly busy this week. I have been meaning to do a blog post for about 5 days now. There has been too much going on-work, fashion week duties and preparations, endless errands, etc. So to finish up on the NYC trip...

We went to see Young Frankenstein because I love Megan Mullaly, Roger Bart, and Andrea Martin. Save your money folks. It had a few funny parts, but not funny enough to make up for the high cost of good seats.
This was in Rockefeller Center when someone told me I looked like Carrie Underwood--WHAT?
Must be the big hair. New York has good water or something because my otherwise insane hair always acts nice while I am there. By the way--it is big like that because of the wind. By the way again--I do not like Carrie Underwood at all, but I am Southern-so for someone to say my hair may resemble someone with big old Nashville hair makes me happy.

This is me in the biting wind and bitter cold with my Duane Reade Couture bag in front of Carolines. I love comedy and I love Carolines.
This is a shot of Lake Michigan from the plane back into Chicago. It was so cold that the lake was frozen. That freaks me out, so I had to get a pic of it. I am so sick of winter.
On another note, I spent Friday and Monday in Chicago shopping and eating with old friends and meeting up with the darling and hilarious Jamie -who won the Prada. More on that later.
Have a great day.
(all photos from MonkeyPosh LLC)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You DO NOT look like Carrie Underwood, she has big teeth and she is anorexic.
You DO however look beautiful in that photo. Your hair looks much lighter than last time I saw you.
Thanks for the Y. Frank review. I was wondering about it, but now I will wonder no more.

See you next week.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi P!

I think the hair IS a bit Carrie Underwood! It looks fab by the way. You are GORGE in that pic, make that shit your default in every possible situation. I need to know the product cocktail involved to create all that is the NY P hair.

I'm disappointed about the Megan Mulally (whom I also love) show! I have yet to go to the "Sosch), but I'm thinking I need to! I AM a blogging machine lately... I'm pretty much over work and under blogging these days.

What FW duties do you have? Are you returning to NYC for it? If so we MUST meet up!

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say more Carrie Bradshaw and less Carrie Underwood.
I remember how you dislike her "even though she is from Oklahoma". HA.
Remember when Carrie went to Paris with The Russian? Well her hair was fab and so much better than first season. That is what your hair looks like to me. Let's also pretend you had on her dress.
I saw on the news that it is freeeeezzziiinnggg where you are today.
Stay warm and stay gold.
You kill me when you say "Stay Gold Ponyboy."
kiss kiss

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to comment on the ice on Lake Meshugina too. That is very pretty in a dreary end of the world kind of way.

9:47 AM  
Blogger each of the two said...

oh and NYC does have good water! supposedly the best in the world. something to think on?

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NYC totally agrees with you, babe! You look gorgeous in those photos...but you always look gorgeous!

Hugs!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Pia said...

Jen,you look like you and you are beautiful! Your hair doesn't look big at all, it just looks a bit fuller and we all want fuller hair.

I like Megan Mulally too. I like her voice, it's very cute. I didn't know she was in a play. The first time I ever saw her, she was on Wings, the TV series back in the 90's, portraying Joe's blind date. He didn't like her voice.

6:16 PM  
Blogger MISS S said...

Of course u look great. I do not dislike CU, but also do not c a resemblance there.

Sorry to hear about Y Frank. That is so dissapointing that Megan keeps showing her blah side. I love her too.

ECK on the ice! Glad i am down here.

Sounds as though u r fun busy. Talk to you soon

xoxo

8:02 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hi Lemon
Thanks for your nice words. I have some highlights, so my hair is lighter. I was kinda sad about Young Frankie--but live and learn.
Looking forward to seeing you!

*Hi FAB!!
Thanks for saying that shit is default worthy! The prod cocktail is Ojon shamp, Kerastase cond, then some Fekkai olive oil glossing stuff, THEN --and here is my secret when I travel--some of the hotel conditiner on the ends as a leave in cond. THEN I roll it and fluff it, and use travle size Elnet aerosol spray. I find aerosol a must for prime volume.
I am returning to NYC, not sure of my schedule as things are topsy turvey this week. I will send you my digits.
xoxo

*Hi JK-

Oh if only I had a dollar for everyone who said I remind them of Carrie Bradshaw. I get it all the time. I totally remember her hair AND DRESS in Paris. I loved her hair then--she had awesome lowlights and no frizz.
Yes very cold here--and God love the Outsiders!!!!! HEEE HEE.
Oh and I agree--the ice on Lake Meshugina is creepy. Freaking Meshugina!
xo

*Hola Each of the Two
and thanks for visiting. I agree I love the taste of NYC tap water too.
Have a great day!

*Hello Dearest R-

Thank you so much. You are always so kind. Are you still getting tons of rain? I hope that you and the gorgeous fam are doing great!
Hugs!

*Hi Pia--
I am so glad you are doing OK--I will write you back later this morning. Thanks for your kind words!!
Have a good day.

*Hi Miss S-
How goes it? The only thing that looks alike is our big old hair!
Be very thankful you live somewhere warm! I am so tired of winter.
I will call you next week!

xoxo

6:07 AM  
Blogger k said...

so happy when you post!
have a great weekend!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home