Friday, December 21, 2007

Pretty Shoes for the Winter Blues

I know we are just fresh into Winter here in my cold neck of the woods, but I am already feeling stifled and limited and just all around closed in by all the cold and snow. I do not get seasonal blues like a lot of people do, I just feel less free. I want to go outside and feel the sun on my skin--but that will have to wait till May around here-UGH.

In the meantime I will just talk about something that ALWAYS makes me happy and brings sunshine into my life --pretty shoes!

I am supposed to host a "Shoe Party". I have been supposed to host said party for over a year, but something always gets in the way. I have a whole dossier of lovely party favors and shoe themed decor just waiting on the party to happen.

I ran across
THIS in the Horchow Catalog:

How cute are those? They are shoe and purse chocolates! What is better than a shoe? A SHOE MADE OF CHOCOLATE! Can I get an AMEN??!!

I am counting the days till I can wear open toed pretty sling back sandals like these gorgeous Cole Haans. This is the beautiful Aurora Slingback. I love this color--so fresh! You can find these beauties at COLE HAAN .
These are the Via Spia Misu Sandals--so pretty! I found these at
ZAPPOS . On the Zappos website the color is listed as "purple shift", but I ordered these, and the color is very bronze to me.

This is the Report Charlize Slingback from PIPERLIME . I am a fool for an animal print shoe. I think these are lovely.

Last year we started a major closet renovation/add on and we included a shoe room. We were limited on wall space due to the construction of the house, but we tried to use every inch of space we could.

It is still a work in progress, as I am always trying to rearrange things for optimum organization and to find more room for MORE SHOES! HA.

Now I am on a quest for cute boots with low heels....pox on winter snow!

Beautiful day to all!

(photos from Horchow.com, ColeHaan.com, Zappos.com , Piperlime.com and MonkeyPosh LLC)

17 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Perry said...

OMG!! A shoe room!! A whole room for shoes!!! I am SO coveting your closet right now, Jen! With a chandelier yet! And a zebra-skin covered bench. You rock!!!!

I'm with you about the closed-in feeling of winter in these parts. I really miss wearing cute shoes at this time of year, but it just isn't practical. I get tired of toting my cute shoes to work in a bag while wearing my butt-ugly, waterproof Lands End clodhoppers for the trip to and from.

Have a wonderful holiday!!!!!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am freaking out on your closet.
I knew you were a diva, but who knew you had some Kimora Lee in you?
You have the best style Jen.

That is amazing.

The green Cole Haan sandals are beautiful.
I love Zappos too.

Happy Holidays

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord help me, I am going to faint.

Love your closet. Do you have more photos? We would love to see the rest.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Girl-Woman said...

I covet your closet. Animal prints brings the best out in me. I have a zebra rug that I adore and zebra shoes, but the Horchow shoes would be a darling addition to what ales me. Definitely what the doctor ordered for seasonal affective disorder.

9:27 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

O. M. G. Your shoe room. I... I'm... speechless. And green with envy.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN on the chocolates. I will eat chocolate shoes or coats or whatever is chocolate I will eat it, hats, gloves.

I am in love with your closet. I am a lurker here, but I never post. I had to comment on that closet though. That is too much.
It looks like a magazine photo.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Go, Jen. Love the closet and the Zebra shoe...

12:58 PM  
Blogger Pia said...

Gorgeous shoe room and so many shoes! And with a chandelier,you go girl! I second heartmason,diva indeed! I bet you love to go dancing wearing your strappy dainty shoes.

I second heartmason again,the Cole Haan sandals are beautiful,such a gorgeous shade of emerald green. You have the most impeccable taste Signora J.

I love the chocolate purse and pumps. Wherever did you find these? Definately a work of art but if I had these goodies in front of me now,I'd have to eat them,art or not!

I hope you got your car home from the shop.

I wish you a wonderous holiday season!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, Imelda, you've got some shoes!!!

Hugs!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I am way jealous of the shoe room. I don't even have enough shoes to fill a cheap-ass shoe bag! hah. You are my hero, for real. For vaca, I want to fly north, and spend a day touring infamous "Shoe Room". You are the Kimora Lee of America.... or even the Spike Lee of China. Whichever.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding me. That is YOUR CLOSET, that you own?
You are one lucky duckie.
So jealous. Please show more photos when you can.

I am in NYC so I know how you feel about winter. I hate it.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting blog. I love your style and humor.

I sent you and e-mail to your yahoo about some exciting things going on in our company. We would love to talk to you.

7:45 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Wow!

You are the queen of all things, shoes, frangrances, make-up. I am in awe of all these cool, up to date styles you find.

BTW: I posted a pair of my new Oliver Peoples glasses on my blog.

Glad to have you as a friend, Jen.

XOX
b

11:13 AM  
Blogger priscilla said...

Difficult to type with all the drool on the keyboard. I don't know what I covet more: your shoe room or your perfume collection!

Happiness and peace to you for the Holidays! :-)

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KIMOREA LEE is right. Thank God you do not act like her though, and I do not think you have "the world's largets Louis Vuitton collection" like her either.
I was in Japan recently and there are billboards of her everywhere. I do not even think she is Japanese.

Buon Noel and I will have visions of sugar plums and your closet in my head tonight.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Positive Reinforcement said...

Um, I don't even know how I arrived on your site, but I am truly stunned by the closet photo. I think my heart skipped a beat! Love it!

10:17 PM  
Blogger k said...

you're the coolest. in high school i was known as imelda marcos and could have really used that closet, but now i basically go between the same 5 pairs. boring old mom. i will give you a tip, though- if you put one shoe of each pair facing the other way you'll get more room on each shelf- perhaps to fit another pair or 2.
you're in chicago- i think that closet needs to be photographed for o at home magazine!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home