Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back Over from Down Under

Hello Friends! I am back from my adventures in Oz, and various adventures since Oz.

Australia is a lovely and odd place. It is like being in a kinder, gentler version of the United States only they do not have Diet Pepsi, it is on the opposite side of the world, and everything is SO EXPENSIVE!!! Seriously--a Loreal lipstick was $29.00 USD. It was odd because they were going into their Fall and all the ads were for Winter coats and such. That can mess with your head when you are just coming from a Winter like we had here in the Chicago area this year.

We spent quite a bit of time in Sydney. I had a great time and I saw a lot and learned a lot.

The flight was unreal. The longest plane ride I had ever been on was about 9 hours. This plane ride was: 3 1/2 hours to Los Angeles, then 14 1/2 hours to Sydney. That is 18 hours in the air. EIGHTEEN HOURS. Thank goodness Qantas Airlines is awesome and every seat had a private movie screen to watch new movies. Oh and Toni Collette was on our flight from LA to Sydney with her new baby in tow. Toni was very petite and cute. I was excited.

We arrived in Sydney very early in the morning and our room was not ready, so we went and walked around the Harbor. It is beautiful during the early morning hours.This is a beautiful shot of the Sydney Opera House. It looks different all during the day as the light hits it and shadows are cast from all different angles. We stayed in an area of Sydney called "The Rocks". It is by the Harbor and it is full of restaurants and shopping and it is very busy.The gorgeous Sydney Harbor Bridge. This was taken at a little park type area right by the wharf.
This is another morning shot of the Opera House. So beautiful.It was Fashion Week in Sydney and it was very busy and exciting.

This is a shot of the Bowie show filling up. BOWIE WONG is a very popular fashion and costume designer in Australia and Europe. His show was beautiful.

I have more reports on the Zoo, Northern Oz, swimming with sharks, etc. ,for later. As for now, I can say I am glad to be home and sleeping in my own bed, however I am looking forward to traveling to that side of the world again soon.
Have a lovely day.
(all photos property of MonkeyPosh L.L.C)

14 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Perry said...

Welcome back! Sounds like an awesome trip and I'm anxious to see more pics and hear more stories.

(Don't forget "SATC: the Movie" is opening next week!!!! We have a date!)

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHH
Fashion Week!

I love your photos of the Opera House. You always have the coolest photos.
I am glad you are home.

7:43 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

I am so glad to see your post, darling. Welcome back! It sounds like you and D had a wonderful time Down Under.

Your photos are, as always, beautiful. I look forward to reading more about your fabulous adventures in Oz.

Hugs and love!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Water Into Wine said...

That is so cool that you were on the same plane as Muriel/Mariel! Glad you are back.

11:03 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Can't wait to read about the rest of your adventures.

Doesn't it feel good to be back in your own bed after that flight? Ugh.

xoxo
k

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest J Monkey,
So pleased to read your words again. You were non blogging for a long time. Too Long.
Glad you are back and I look forward to more tales from Down Under.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

I missed your posts!!!

So glad you are back, wonderful photos!

6:14 PM  
Blogger MISS S said...

Welcome back! I am glad you had a good time, and even without diet Pepsi:)!! That was a very long fight. I do not know if I could have done it. Did you get to talk to Toni? The Opry House is so pretty. Was that the bridge they did Sydney on 3 on? I am so looking forward to seeing more pictures. I know you've are glad to be home and resting in your own bed. You have a lot of shows to catch up on!
XO XO

9:33 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Welcome back, Ms. J!

Glad to hear you had a good time down-under, and were able to get some R & R.

Happy Belated Birthday, my friend.
xoxox
b

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back Monkey Girl.

Love the pics.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

Great pictures my friend. Glad you got home safely. missed you!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Thank goodness you're back. I thought you went off to live with the kangaroos or something.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back, P! Sounds like an AMAZING trip! I am criminally jeal. Fashion Week in Sydney, what's better?

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you watch Real Housewives?
It is uncanny how much you and Felicia are like Bethenny and Jill.
I was laughing so hard.
They made the reference to Laverne and Shirley and we (some of us who know you) have always thought that of you and Felicia.
Laverne and Shirley did not have Manhattan apartments or homes in the Hamptons.
They lived in Milwaukee. That seems more fitting.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home