Friday, August 01, 2008

Late Summer at Chez MonkeyPosh -part 1

Happy August!

As I have said in previous posts, I have been trying to enjoy every moment of summer. I have been spending as much time as possible outside soaking up the sun and warm weather because I know Winter will be here soon and the thought of that makes me want to stick hot needles in my eyes (do not judge me if you did not live through the last Chicago Winter) ....but alas, I will refrain from self mutilation due to impending bone chilling weather and I will focus on rejoicing in the sunshine. These photos reflect some things that make me rejoice in my very own yard. I am a cheap date. Precious Finley keeping all the ne'er-do-wells off the property.
Beautiful purple flowers in the backyard. I think this one looks like a painting. Our flowers have done very well this year and that brings me a lot of happiness.

Daisy following an afternoon rain.Sadly, it is not all beauty in my yard. These damn Japanese Beatles are just about to ruin 3 of our big trees. This is the first year we have had these pests and they had already devoured the tops of our trees before we even realized there was a problem.This is what our trees look like now. Ghostly brown whisps of leaves are mostly all we are left with. So, now we have to have these attractive bug trapper bags in the yard. UGH. They are unsightly, but they sure do work. They fill up with bugs daily. There must literally be millions of these bugs in my neighborhood.
Our mulch has also developed this strange egg yolk looking fungus in random places. It is so strange- if you touch it, it evokes this spooky fog of smoke like stuff. It has been a challenge keeping Finley out of it, but our Vet says unless he ingest mass quantities, it is pretty harmless, but it sure is ugly.
I love the colors on this one....yellow and fuchsia and red.
Gorgeous hibiscus. Reminds me of Hawaii.
These two photos are just of random flowers around the house. I love how pigmented the second one is. Such rich colors.
My husband took this photo and I love it. The detail is amazing.
I hope all of you are having a wonderful summer. Please do share any amazing things you are doing.
Beautiful day to all.
(All photos taken, owned , and licensed by MonkeyPosh LLC)

10 Comments:

Blogger violetnoir said...

Goodness! Such beautiful photos, J! I love the highly saturated colors of your flowers and, hopefully, those bug bags will get rid of all those pests.

Finley is as adorable as ever!

And remember: You can always visit your friends in California if Chi-town gets too cold. :):)

Hugs!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Girl-Woman said...

Finley looks like he is enjoying the dog days of summer. Hubby is a great photographer, too.

Beckie

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest your floral and fauna are so lovely. Who knew you had such a green thumb? Or do you just have a gardener?
Your pup is so cute.
Good luck with those bugs. They are boogers.
The bee on the pink petal makes me want to sing.

kissy kissy

4:54 AM  
Blogger rosarita said...

Hi! Just randomly passing through here, catching up on blog reading. I always enjoy the photography you post, you and your husband are talented! And since I'm just catching up, I just read your post re Balmain Ambre Gris. It's being sold @ parfum1.com for a very reasonable price - just fyi, unless you are wanting the extrait or something that's only in Paris.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

What beautiful photos! I'm a sucker for flowers but it's just so hot in Dallas right now that I'm lucky if my lantana even blooms.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J, you always have the most gorgeous photography. Of course I love when you do your beauty and fashion thing too, but I love when people share real photos from their lives. Yours are amazing.

This summer I have been spending all my time on the Med Riv. Nice, Monaco, the rest. So there, the beach and the food and the people have been amazing. The shopping too, but the exchange is so bad I have been trying to sit on my hands and my credit card.
Any travel plans for you?

shiloh

4:53 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Dear R-
Thanks so much for your kind words. Flowers make me very happy. I hope the uber attractive bug bags will get rid of the pests too.
Thanks for the kind words re fin. He is a sweet boy.
Girl, you know I will be planning a trip to CA this Winter. Looking forward to it!
big hugs and love to you.
E-mail coming to you also!
xo

Hi Beckie-
How are you? I hope you and the Haute Dog are enjoying the dog days of Summer. Thanks for your nice words!
xoxo

Hi Lemon -
HA HA....my floral and fauna are so lovely! Oh how many times have I heard that line at a bar? Just kidding. I really do not have a green thumb. I just plant and water and hope for the best. We did all our own flowers this year.
Thanks again for visiting and for your nice comments.
xo

ANITA-
I crown you my QUEEN. Thanks so very much for the Balmain information!!!!! You know I hopped right on Parfum1 and got down to business! Thanks for saying hubby and I are talented. We just like to click the camera.
Seriously, thanks for the information and your kind comments.
Big hugs to you!!!!

Hello Jacki-
I know you love flowers too. Yours are gorgeous. I have tried to comment on your blog many times, and it does not cooperate with me. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I have been hearing about the Texas temps on the news. Do take care in the heat dear Jacki. Thanks again!
xo

Shiloh Jolie Pitt-
HA!
Thank you so much for the photo compliments, and thanks for making me drool by regaling me with your stories of your time on the Med Riv. I wish I were there! Good luck with not spending copius amounts of money of things there. I know it is tres expensive.
I have only domestic travel plans till November.
Enjoy your fabulous Mediterranean Holiday!
xoxo

8:54 AM  
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

you can take the beetle pix down any time you want....gave me the heebie jeebies...

2:23 PM  
Blogger k said...

you are such a great photographer- and so is mr. monkey posh!
i'm not a dog person, but finley could turn me around- what a cutie!

8:26 AM  
Blogger lexis said...

I <3 Finley!

Makes me miss my Westie, Marley. Sniffle, sniffle.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home