Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Congrats J-Piv

If I had a dollar for everyone who has written me and chastised me for not posting about the Emmys and the fact that my man Jeremy Pivin won an Emmy--I would be a wealthier woman this week. I have been scolded and ridiculed because I have not shown the love for my man Jeremy Piven.
Lost Okie--this one's for you
:



If I were to be totally honest, I would have to say that some of his appeal has waned with me because now EVERYONE knows who he is. Don't get me wrong--this recognition is long overdue for J-Piv, but for selfish reasons I liked him better when he was lesser known. I like obscure things--things not everyone else knows about. There are so many people who like him now, who have no appreciation as to who he was or his body of work back then.

I am very happy he won, and I am sorry I have been so remiss in commenting. Plus he rocked that ascot better than Higgins on a 1982 episode of Magnum P.I. Seriously.
His character is brilliant on Entourage. He really is the star of the show. I am glad people notice.


Another shout out to my friend C. for sending me the Billy Bush interview video with J-Piv. Did you guys see that? It was hilarious. Also Jeremy did an interview after he won where he mentioned masturbating--then promptly said he needed to go find his mom-EEEEWWWWW! He disenchanted me a bit there. Get some manners Pivert.

Rest assured I still love the Piv, I have always loved the Piv, and I apologize that I have not shown the love till now.

I would like to send a shout out to my fellow J-Piv lovers Em and Jonna--who appreciated the Piv WAY before Entourage.

(Photos from HBO.com)

3 Comments:

Blogger Curley's Mobile DJ Services said...

Posh,

Thanks for the explanation. I get your point about the Piv getting to well known. When you have an appreciation for someones talent and you try to get it out there by saying how great this band is or this singer/actor whatever. Then they get very well known (which is what you expected, because well...they're great) you are almost upset that people now also notice. Now you say, "well I remember when he was doing 99 seat theatre in Chicago."

Don't be hard on yourself. It proves one thing though. You are ahead of your time in your knowledge. You'll now have to go back and remember the Piv when he was overweight and bulky in "One Crazy Summer" playing a cronny to the main bad guy. The good thing is you'll get to see Demi Moore in her Sundress faze singing about how she can't get any rock-n-roll in her long forgotten hit "Don't Look Back". Don't forget that that movie also stars Bobcat and the guy from ANIMAL HOUSE and the WERE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT/TWISTED SISTER video. 80's gold, I say!!! I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

My wife has a favorite crush on an actor who is well known but still hasn't hit. GERARD BUTLER...He is the Phantom from PHANTOM OF THE OPERA remake that came out last year. My wife goes GA GA over him. He is going to be in a movie coming out next year called 300 where he is walking around in a loin cloth and my wife is mad because he got in great shape for the film and now all of the chicks will know what she has known all along. That he is one sexy beast (he even has a scottish accent)! Oh well, I guess he is no longer just hers to drool over.

12:41 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

You can still say, "I loved him before he was famous!"

2:42 PM  
Blogger EMILY said...

Jesus H. What the fuck is crawling on his head? Does he think that just because Letterman can work a rug he can wear Elvis's freaking jungle room shag and get away with it? Sorry, J-Piv... I loved you before you wore roadkill to work.

Hope you're having fun in Europa. I knocked one back for you in München!

hearts & stars,
e

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home