Thursday, October 26, 2006

Slave to fashion--The Skinny Jean

As I am a slave to fashion and a believer that Lucky Magazine is my bible--I decided to get brave and try the skinny jeans. I was pleasantly surprised that they are not as scary as I thought they would be. As I said in the post below--the key is just finding the style that works for you. In lieu of the skinny jean, some brands have super straight leg jeans that give the illusion of the skinny jean, without the tightness at the bottom. The jeans to the left are the True Religion Julie Skinny Jean. True Religions (for me) have a great fit. I was excited to see they were coming out with a skinny jean. I ordered these from Neiman Marcus and I love them.

These are the Seven Gray Skinny Jeans. I love them too. Gray is the new neutral "it" color this season, or so they say. As I said below, Seven is starting to be considered passe, but I still love the fit, and the large back pockets. I loathe small back pockets. I have a rump, so I need the illusion that big pockets provide.
I also purchased these at Neiman Marcus.

I also purchased a pair of Rag & Bone Skinny Jeans, but alas I cannot find a photo. The fit is OK, but the Rag & Bones seem to be skinnier If that makes any sense. I might just save them 'till I lose a few pounds.

My next jean search will be for Rogans. I cannot find them anywhere. I will refrain from buying anymore skinny jeans because I fear this trend will be short lived. I will participate in this trend with mucho gusto, but I am fearing the return of the high waist. It has been all over the Chloe runways for a long time now, and I am dreading it like you would not believe. When Kate Moss does not even look good in them--then you know we are all in trouble--HA. Even though Kate Moss has HORRID taste in men she still can rock pretty much anything and look good.


Have a lovely day!


Photos from NeimanMarcus.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

You are brave.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

brave or crazy.....the verdict is out!

3:21 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

I agree. They aren't that scary; it's just about knowing your body type!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home