Monday, December 04, 2006

Reader Questions: Perfume Obsession



I get e-mails from my readers asking various questions about products I have posted about.Where to find them, do they really work? etc. I love to correspond with readers and go on and on about perfume and makeup and shoes and such. One reader named Sarah from Boston wanted to know what it means to "collect perfume and makeup". I do not know what it means exactly, but I can show you some of my obsession. I am somewhat embarrassed to show my own collection, but here goes--this one is for you Sarah:
These are some of the fragrances I own. These pictures were taken a while ago, so I have added some since then. Fragrance is my greatest love when it comes to products. I have met some wonderful people through my love of fragrance. Some people are wine aficionados, who will search the world for the perfect wine. My friends and I are like that only instead of wine it is with perfume. We have been known to seach high and low in foreign countries to find the perfect fragrance. It is truly an obsession.

Second to fragrance is my love of makeup and other beauty products. This is my fragrance/makeup desk. It is my personal shrine to all beauty products. I have had some trepidation about posting the pictures on my blog, but Sarah has been asking me for months to see my "collection". So here is part of it.

This is why I blog about products, because I buy products and use products.
As my husband says, Some people do drugs...my wife does perfume--HA.

Hope this answers your question Sarah.
Have a beautiful day!

13 Comments:

Blogger TessaJ said...

WOW! That is an obsession!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

You are making the world prettier & more fragrant, one girl at a time, through your research and recommendations!

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love how you so beautifully displayed them! Like a museum piece! hmmm, maybe I should start cracking that makeup pile that I call a beauty obsession.. thanks for the motivation!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hi Tessa-
Yes I need an intervention!

*Hi Gretchen-
Thanks for the kind words!

*Hi Shychai-
Thanks for the nice words, and thanks for visiting.

*Hi Elke
Wow--that means a lot coming from such a respected makeup artist such as yourself. Thanks so much and thanks for visiting my humble blog!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, beautiful!

I love your perfume collection. It is to die for, lol!

I left you a note on MUA.

Hugs and much love!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, beautiful!

Your perfume collection is to die for, lol!

I left you a note on MUA.

Hugs and love!

9:05 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

So lovely to display them like that. Mine are now in a walk-in closet that by all rights ought to be holding clothes instead, heh! It's convinient since I can keep them organized (or as organized as I ever get), but I don't get to enjoy the beauty of the flacons that way. What a nice way to show them off, J!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello R!

Thank you very much. I will check my mail on MUA right now!
xoxo

Hi Katie,

Oh my gosh--in a walk in closet. That is awesome! I would love to see pictures. Post them on Scentzilla!!!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

I did post some a while back, but now I forget which post I stuck 'em in! I couldn't get the whole thing in there, because it's one of those long, skinny style closets, though, which is a bummer. It's not so interesting, though, I swear! And it's actually a little sad, a set of drawers filled with samples and samples and samples that I may or may not ever get to... Well, you know how that goes, too, my fellow perfume-nut!

11:50 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Aha! Found it! But this is right after we just moved in, and before we changed stuff around so I could get some of the boxed up bottles onto shelves like the others I put up... Plus, it took me several weeks to figure out where I'd put some boxes in the chaos of moving! It looks a lot more tidy now :)

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question of the day: How am I going to get all the drool off my laptop keyboard? I am GREEN with envy! ;-)

6:42 PM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

You are so much fun, J.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I salute you, that is trully beautiful.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home