Sunday, February 25, 2007

79th Annual Academy Awards


I am all set for the Oscars. I have a glass of wine ready to go, my March issue of Vogue to read during the down times, and my oldest and most favorite Notre Dame sweatshirt on. The Notre Dame sweatshirt does not mean anything, but it is comfortable and it is snowing like crazy here, so I am just ready to sit here and be comfortable and warm and slothy and entertained.
I look most forward to the FASHION. Andre Leon Talley-Vogue Fashion Editor at large had some great insights into this year's Oscar fashions. I have only seen 3 of the movies up for best picture, as this year has been way too busy for me to induldge in many things that require sitting still for 2 hours- like a movie.
I have seen Babel, The Departed, and Little Miss Sunshine. Babel was OK, but it just could not keep my interest. Moral of Babel is: young boys should not have guns. Period. I am sure there is a deeper meaning in there somewhere but....YAWN.
On to The Departed. It was action packed and full of eye candy. Marky Mark, Leo, Matt Damon, Alec Baldwin (come on he is funny/hot) etc. I loved the twist at the end and it kept my attention the whole time...so for that reason alone I will be rooting for The Departed.
Little Miss Sunshine was quirky and cute and I LOVE Steve Carrel and Greg Kinnear, plus the little girl was precious--so I do have a soft spot in my heart for Little Miss Sunshine. I am also totally skeeved by child beauty pageants. They are so creepy-however I do not think Little Miss Sunshine has the meat to win the Oscar. I could totally be wrong though.

Departed= Oscar. Please Scorsese, pull this one out.
Babel = Attention Deficit Disorder.
Little Miss Sunshine=Sweetness and fun and all the more reason to totally be creeped out by child beauty pageants.
Tonight= Fashion, Ellen DeGeneres, Cheap Wine, Vogue, and an old sweatshirt=perfection.

My fashion high hopes are set on Kate Winslet, Cate Blanchett, and Jennifer Hudson.

I also have my hopes set on Ryan Gosling to win the leading role Oscar. His movie , Half Nelson was awesome- at least what I was able to sit still long enough to watch.

I will post my fashion faves tomorrow.

Have a great evening and enjoy the Oscars!

(graphics from Oscar.org and Wikipedia.com)

5 Comments:

Blogger Ella Gregory said...

i was dissapointed with the red carpet dresses this year.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Parisjasmal--love your oscar commentary, was inspired to do the same. Posted Israel pics on the blog, check them out! Hope Forrest is doing better :) Have a great Monday.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I love me some Marky Mark.... with or without the Funky Bunch.

I didn't see anything that blew me away, but I thought Penelope looked beee-you-tee-full. Of course, If I had her body, I would run around nude with a oscar replica covering my hoo-hah. She would look smashing in anything.
Love ya toots.

1:26 PM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

You have such taste -- can't wait to read your fashion faves!

I really liked Penelope Cruz's dress, but not with her skin tone. The dress was slightly lighter than her skin, and the not-pronounced-enough contrast was a little jarring to me. I felt the same way about Kate Winslet's seafoam green dress (not that she's green, just that the color washed out her pale skin rather than making it radiant). same for Kirsten Dunst. Nicole Kidman scared me: the red made her hair color look all the more corpsey. Nicole, go back to red--or at least, strawberry blonde!

On the plus side, I hated Meryl Streep's dress and jewelry for the event but thought she was AWESOME for proclaiming that she's a size 14. Helen Mirren's dress made her boobs look better than just about everyone else on the red carpet. I also liked Cate Blanchett's dress, but then I like what she wears to every event, even the wacky dresses.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hi Coco-

Thanks for visiting. I was not disappointed, but not exactly wowed either.
Have a great day!

*Hi Fabulista-
I just looked at all your pics of Israel. Loved them! Thanks for sharing--thanks also for your well wishes to Forrest. I tried to leave you a comment on your Oscar post, but alas blogger will not let me. I will try back later.
Lovely day to you pretty lady!

*Hi C-
Lovely to see you! I love Marky Mark too. So old school Boston. I agree Penelope is pretty.
My favorite world of the day "HOO HAH". You make me happy !
Love ya!

Hi K-
I just wrote you becasue it is uncanny that you were typing that you did not like Penelope's dress on her skin, at the same time I was saying how much I loved it on her skin--ironic. I agree that Nicole needs to go back red and Meryl has looked better.

Have a great day!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home