Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lorac Undercover Lover



Recently I was on a trip out of state, and I did not have my beloved Cle de Peau concealer with me. GASP-HORROR-DREAD.
I had left it at home and I fell into a world of panic. I had meetings to attend and I could not attend said meetings with no concealer-it would be wrong and it would be offensive. Redheads need concealer, or at least this redhead does. My hotel was nowhere near a Neiman Marcus or a Saks so I had no hope of getting another Cle de Peau concealer at such short notice--but because Jesus must love me, there was a SEPHORA near me. I hastily perused the concealers at Sephora, and in my hurried state, picked the Lorac Undercover Lover. I love Lorac. I knew Carol Shaw (founder and owner of Lorac cosmetics) would not let me down. Not to mention - that name "Undercover Lover" filled me with thoughts of Ursula Andress in a sexy James Bond Movie. My hope was high that this little tube of heaven could cover my dark undereye circles from plane travel. Plane travel circles are the worst.

I must say, I was delighted with the performance of Lorac Undercover Lover. It glided right over my eye cream, did not crease, blended beautifully and coverd like a dream.
For so long, I only had eyes (get it-eyes? this is a concealer post -get it?) for my beloved Cle de Peau concealer , but the Lorac helped me out in a pinch and saved the day. It is an awesome concealer.

It comes in 3 colors:


UL 1= light
UL2= light medium
UL3= medium dark

I use the UL2 and I am pretty fair. It works wonderful on me.

You can find Lorac Undercover Lover at www.Loraccosmetics.com or www.Sephora.com

Have a beautiful day!

(photo from Sephora.com)

6 Comments:

Blogger Flashy_Shades said...

wow, i am sold. i will be dropping by the sephora near my office asap as this mac nonsense is clearly not doing the trick! (sure i could just try sleeping more, but what fun would that be?)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I am sold as well! The name alone will raise the status of my collective makeup stash, n'est-ce pas?

2:09 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Sounds wonderful! How does this compare to the Chanel Vutevulume, if you know? Is it as creamy?

By the way, when are you going to post a picture of your newest addition? Cannot wait to see him again. I am sure that by now is is wearing a smoking jacket!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Lost in Jersey said...

Finally - I can post. I, like you, am always searching for the perfect concealer. It sounds fab but is it a replacement for your Cle de Peau?

5:53 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hello Flashy Shades-
Thanks for visiting!
I love your blog--I LOVE high end sunglasses. My latest obsession are my golden snake Roberto Cavalis.
Have a great day!

*Hi Fabulista-
I know, right? The name is fabulista just like you!

Hi Barb-
I do indeed have the Chanel vutevulume. The Lorac is by no means as creamy as the Chanel--as the Chanel is literally like velvet. The Lorac is very good though and this post is in homage to it helping me out in a pinch. Photos of the New Addition to come soon.
How is Argon?
xoxo

*Hello Lost!
Thanks for visiting and so glad you can post. BY NO MEANS IS THIS A REPLACEMENT for CLE DE PEAU. Cle de Peau is still my favorite and my holy grail, but this one is great too. It saved my bacon on my trip.
Lovely day to all!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Aussie Beauty1 said...

How lovely this sounds. I am fair as well. I need cover up for my frightful half moons. I wonder if I might find this in Australia.

I read your write up this week. Very funny.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home