Sunday, February 04, 2007

Puppy Love And Go Bears


FINLEY


We recently had a new addition to our family. Meet Mr. Finley. Mr. Finley is a West Higland White Terrior (or shall I say TERROR?) puppy. He is very fun, always hungry, loves to bite and is full of piss and vinegar.


He loves to play, he loves T.V. , he loves his toys and he loves his Dalmation brother. His Dalmation brother, however loathes him and wishes we would take him back to Memphis from where he came.

Above is a photo of Forrest, his Dalmation brother muttering Latin obscenities under his breath , cursing the day Mr. Finley was born. Since Finley's arrival Forrest has taken to only speaking Latin out of rebellion. Dalmations are strange.
Finley's ancestors are from the highlands of Scotland. The name Finley translates to White Warrior in Gaelic- the native language (before English) of Scotland. Finley loves to stay true to his Scottish heritage, so he plays the bagpipes around the house. Just one of his many talents.

Finley loves to shop for coats. His favorite store is Marc Jacobs. Marc Jacobs uses big buttons. The big buttons give Finley a lot of chewing entertainment. What good is a coat if you cannot chew it to shreds?

This is Finley showing the MonkeyPosh love. That's how he rolls.


Since moving to the Chicago area, Finley has become quite the sports fan. This is him getting ready for the Superbowl. His Bears scarf is his favorite article of clothing at the moment. He gets lots of compliments. This town is on fire for the Bears, and even though I am not going crazy for them, it is exciting to be here when everyone is excited.


Finley and I will be watching the Superbowl, and I hope you will too. A few parting words from Finley:



Have a SUPER day!

18 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

What a sweet little dog! He is adorable, as are his little ensembles. It just makes me melt when dogs look like they're smiling in pictures. Finley is quite photogenic!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Adorable, congratulations!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Elke said...

OH my, what a CUTIE!! He certainly put a smile on my face. Hi Mr. Finley! Welcome! I think Mr. Finley should get his own blog... :)

7:23 AM  
Blogger mireille said...

Finley is wonderful (as is Forrest)! And thanks so much for your recent comment. xoxo

7:42 AM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I love little Finley. And, poor Forresto (a.k.a. Guido) Guerrero... he is appreciating his Latino heritage. That's all.

Cracking up at that picture of the two.... love Guido's expression.

Finley is the cutest!!

9:46 AM  
Blogger t.r.b said...

hi!!!
i'm a newbie to your blog...and i absolutely love it, so i absolutely had to leave a comment to tell you so! i read your archives and they were pretty cool...and your new dog...c'est chouette!...anywho i ah-dore your blog and have a good day!

12:31 PM  
Blogger priscilla said...

That little guy is just the cutest thing ever!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Finley is beyond adorable! Congrats on your new child! :)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Nicky said...

Love him! Especially since he rooted for the Bears! Boo-hoo on the Super Bowl but seeing Mr. Finley made my day better! haha:)

4:22 PM  
Blogger MISS S said...

Much love for Finley and his big buttons!! Sharing my love with Forrest too. Dont let him know my love is being shared w/ Finley. I dont want him to go Italian cussing my ass, LOL! I love them both

xoxo

7:20 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

THANK YOU everyone for such nice comments about Finley!

To the new visitors--Thanks for stopping by.

And Elke--too funny about him having his own blog. That is priceless. I will keep that in mind!

Lovely day to all!

4:22 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Jen
He is so cute! I love the photo of him and Forrest! Maybe you need a third doggie of Swiss descent to garner a peace agreement between the two brothers.

Enjoy your new baby!

Gretchen

5:25 AM  
Blogger Aussie Beauty1 said...

He is a jolly little mite. He seems to be jolly in spite of the Dally loathing him. Do you reckon they will become best of chums? I reckon they will soon enough.

His outfits may just rival some of yours. From your photos you have quite a snappy taste for apparel.
My chums and I admire your style.

Kiss to Mr. Finley.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I'm in LOVE! I hope we get lots of updates on Mr. Finley.

7:44 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

OMG, J, Finley is absolutely adorable! I love the outfits and the thought that you put into his name.

But tell me: You really have a bagpipe? Being a descendant of the Bruce family (you've heard of the black Irish, but did you know there are black Scottish? Sorry, I couldn't resist!), I am completely impressed!

Hugs!

10:54 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Finley is all decked out and ready to party!

Bless his heart, and he is so, so cute. Love his attire. Forrest looks so cute too.

I agree. He needs his own blog.

xox
b

2:05 PM  
Blogger Whitepoppy said...

oh my days that is just the cutest dog ever! I've got some new fish (pictures to follow I promise) but your dog beats my fish hands down!

L
x

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home