Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Lulu Guinness and a girl who loves her designs



I have always been a fan of Lulu Guinness. I was lucky enough to to meet her and spend some time with her on a fun trip I took not too long ago. I liked her even more once I met her. She is friendly and lovely and charming. She looks like a doll. She and my husband talked for 20 minutes about his camera. My husband loves anyone who is willing to talk electronics with him.

When I like someone, I buy their stuff. I am Irish--her last name is Guinness, I think there is an unwritten loyalty there. I have a lot of Lulu Guinness stuff. I told her I would showcase them on my blog. It has taken me a long time to do this, but finally I have had the time to post her lovely wares properly.
This is my Lulu White Scotty dog purse. I love this purse as I am partial to White Scotties (AKA WESTIES aka Finley)This is my Lulu Guinness Gene Tierny bag. When I first saw this bag, I thought it was Audrey Hepburn, but it is not. It is the beautiful British actress Gene Tierny.


This is my funky Lulu bag. I like it because it reminds me of the 70's. I dig the cool design.


Because I love and am inspired by The Bag Snob , and I consider myself to be somewhat of a bag snob myself, I thought I would model some of my Lulu Guinness scarves on some of my favorite handbags.
This is my Lulu White Scotty Dog scarf on the Hermes Birkin Bag.


This is a polka dot Lulu scarf on the Fendi Spy Bag.






This is the lavendar heart lock and key Lulu scarf on the Badgley Mischka Front Pocket Hobo bag.
I also have lots of Lulu perfume and umbrellas. I seem to be drawn to them. I enjoy the girlie, whimsical feel of her things. I love her stuff, and I just wanted her to know.
On another note I would like to send kudos and congrats to Ina at Aromascope and my friend Bridget from Odalisque (website coming soon HOORAY) for both being mentioned in the Chicago Tribune this Sunday! It was a lovely article on perfume, the love of certain perfumes and the crazy things we are willing to do to find our favorite scents.
Have a lovely day!
(photos from MonkeyPosh LLC)

6 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

I have a few of her handbags as well...and have collections of her cosmetics bags that I change depending on the luggage or handbag I'm carrying them in.

What a treat to meet her!!!

And what a handbag collection you have! Go Jen!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Wow what great pics, congrats! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her Pink Pearls LE fragrance. Woe will be me when the bottle is gone. If you ever have a chance to find a bottle - grab it! http://victoriasown.blogspot.com/2005/12/pink-pearls-lulu-guinness.html

8:54 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Gretchen,
She was indeed a treat.
Thanks for the kind words re: the handbag collection.
Hope you are well dear!

Hey Victoria-
I have a BIG bottle of the Pink Pearls fragrance. It was a gift. So soft and lovely. I have all her fragrances. I will see what I can do about getting you another bottle. Great review you did!

Lovely evening to all!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Aussie Beauty1 said...

What beautiful handbags Paris. The Birkin is the most. What color is that one?
We in Australia love Lulu too. What fun things.

Enjoy.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Aussie Beauty,

Thanks for the nice words. The Birkin is Dove Brown.
Have a good weekend.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Parisjasmal, your hair is TOTALLY Louise from Teen Witch and I am obsessed with it.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home