Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm a joker, I met AL ROKER, I'm a midnight toker...and 10022 SHOE


This past week I had the rare and exciting priveledge of meeting Al Roker at O'Hare International Airport. Now, I know to most of you, meeting Al Roker is not that exciting, however there is a whole backstory that goes with meeting Al--who happens to be one of the pivotal members of "America's First Family". You see.....just a couple nights prior to meeting Al, I actually had a dream about Al and his wife Deborah. I dreamt that I met them at a restaurant in New York City and that they were very nice and we chatted and had a grand time. So, I find it quite ironic that a mere 2 days later, I actually did meet him. There are other strange paradigms to this story too.....are you sitting down?




You see, I was at O'Hare waiting on my cousin Jess to arrive for a visit, so I told her that while waiting on her I met Al Roker and she says "That is strange I was just reading my book and there was a mention of him in the book". She was reading a Janet Evanovich book. I think she said the one with twelve in the title. I do not know because I have never read a Janet Evanovich book. You have to admit--that is freaky. THEN my cousin and I went to see Dirty Rotton Scoundrels on Sunday in Chicago and damned if they did not mention Al Roker in one of the songs. It was quite strange and ironic and it totally gave me goosbumps. I wonder what it all means. It is just too much to be mere coincidence......I feel great Roker things in my future. Or-maybe it has more to do with Matt Lauer. If indeed there is a Jesus, then I predict it is for sure more about Matt Lauer--swoon.
Also, on Sunday on the way to the Gospel Brunch at Chicago's House of Blues (which you should totally check out), my cousin and I got to watch part of a movie being filmed and we could see Aaron Eckhart doing what looked to be a scene of a press conference where he got arrested in the end. It was quite interesting. Some people said it was a new Batman movie, but we saw no sign of that. No Batmobile or anything.

Aaron was very lithe and lean and tall- for an actor. No offense, but actors all seem so short. I remember when I was a little girl I saw Sylvester Stallone in person in the Bahamas and he was so short, but he had on HIGH HEELS --like mens dress shoes with HIGH HEELS. He was ROCKY for God's sake. I was only about 8, and from Oklahoma, so needless to say, I was traumatized.

I had a very busy week with my cousin and my dog's kidney stones, shopping, and eating.

OH and the new shoe department at Saks in NYC opens today. It is called 10022 SHOE. HOORAY! One of my friends attended a sneak peak reception but they would not allow photos--but I have heard it is a shoe lovers dream come true. Meredith Viera did a piece on it yesterday on the TODAY show (the show where AL Roker is the weather man) and it looks beautiful. I cannot wait to check it out soon in NYC!

That is what is going on with me, what is happening in your neck of the woods?

(see how I did that? that was an Al Roker quote)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my neck of the woods, we are hot as HELLLL. I love Al. And, yes that is freaky. Maybe it is an allusion to Matt. I love your title. I used to sing that loud and proud in college.... HA. Miss you. Christa

7:37 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I wonder if Al Roker is becoming the new Kevin Bacon, and somehow everyone in the world will have no more than six degrees of separation from Al Roker.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi C--

LOVED the new pics of the kiddos on their way to school! Bless K's heart with her little breakdowns. She will be prom queen by next week!
I love Al too. He walks like his knees really bother him. Bless his heart.
Miss you too my love!

Hi Carolyn-

Seriously cracking up at Al Roker is the new Kevin Bacon--THAT IS BRILLIANT! I needed to laugh this morning --so THANK YOU!
Hope you and your family are doing great!

xo

7:55 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Too funny...and coincidental, J!
I love Al and all the rest of the Today Show gang, especially Ann Curry. She's one classy lady. I agree with Carolyn that Al must be the new Kevin Bacon, lol!

And Aaron Eckhart? Girl, he is fine!

Let's see...what is going on in my neck of the woods. DD turned 18 this week, so we have been celebrating and eating loads of goodies, because in addition to the birthday cake with all the trimmings (actually 2 cakes-we have another celebration tonight), DS is in a cooking class this week whipping up all sorts of highly caloric goodies. Seriously, they made the most amazing creme brulee the other day. It was the best I ever tasted. I was going to save some for my husband, but thought "Naw!," and slurped it all down.

Needless to say, I will be back to my regimen next week.

Hugs!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that is pretty funny about Al Roker...

I'm excited about 10022 SHOE

12:29 PM  
Blogger MISS S said...

How exciting and lucky u are to meet Al. Let me guess, u went up o him and said "How's the weather?" LOL. Glad u had fun w/ Jess.

Been to MDA fundraiser and dentist this week. Hey, got my pic in the paper for doing fundraiser!!!!!!

xoxo

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Al thin? He looks so much thinner on tv. I like his wife too.

The way you tell a story is so nuts.

Tootles.

2:53 PM  
Blogger k said...

very clever with the al roker quote... :)
i've always had a little crush on al.
and- gasp!- you saw aaron eckhart in person! i love that man!

1:11 AM  
Blogger Pia said...

Hi ParisJ!
You ran into my guy Al! You go girl!
I love Al Roker and Kevin Bacon too.
I don't know who Aaron Eckhart is but he is one good looking guy!
Enjoying your blog very much too,thanks.
Hope your pond is okay,sorry to hear what happened again.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Pia said...

Hi ParisJ-
You ran into Al! You go girl!
I love Al Roker and Kevin Bacon too. I don't know who Aaron Eckhart is but he is one cute guy.
Enjoying your blog very much thanks.
I was sorry to read about your pond ,hope things will improve.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Patricia Perry said...

It's great that you saw Al Roker, but I'm more jazzed about the Aaron Eckhart sighting - I love him, especially after "Thank You for Smoking." I just emailed you about what's been goin' on in my neck of the woods - except I've been out of the woods and in NYC!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm DYING laughing. I hope the universe isn't trying to tell you through this Al Roker stuff that the apocalypse is impending... you know, because he's a weather man? Anywho, yes, doll, DO see SuperBad immed if not sooner! I can't wait to sojourn at 10022 SHOE. Maybe we can go when you visit NYC. Aaron Eckhart is super cute, I'm so jeal that you saw him. Have a lovely Monday!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hi R-
I agree about Ann Curry. I think she is beautiful. She also seems so nice and sweet. I saw her standing outside Barneys in NYC once with some HOT fuschia high heels one time and I was almost awestruck by how thin and tall and gorgeous she is.
Happy B-day to the lovely DD! What fun!
Creme Brule--SWOON!
E-mail coming to you today!

*Hi Platinum Blonde-
Thanks for stopping by. I know-Very strange about Al!
I keep hearing GREAT things about 10022 Shoe. Have you checked it out yet?
Have a great day!

*Hi Miss S-
Thanks for the comment. LOL--he asked ME how the weather was. Too funny.
Talk to you soon!

*Hi Anonymous-
Yes, actually Al looked fit. Much fitter than he looks on TV.
Thanks for saying I am nuts--I love that.

Hi Karen-
How goes it? I know I love him too. He seems like someone I would love to have as a neighbor--you know just chill out on the deck with a beer and chat with Al. Plus Al would invite Matt Lauer over sometimes and I know you agree with me on Matt Lauer --FOXY!!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hello there Pia!
Thanks for visiting! Good to see you!
Thanks for the pond comment. Luckily we have been getting lots of rain lately, so it has not been a huge problem. Hope you are well!

*Hi Pat-
Thanks for the NYC summary! Sounds like you had a blast--but POX on the one museum dept for being closed--bummer. I agree with you about the early morning walks/jobs in Central Park--nothing better.
We much catch up soon! Let's call Luigi and meet for dinner.

*Hi FAB!-
ROFL about Al Roker being my personal messenger about the apocalypse!!!!!! Cracking up--now if I start dreaming about Al Gore too then you KNOW it is all about the ALpocalypse.
OK my pretty--we have a date: must involve libations and must involve 10022 Shoe!

xoxo

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home