Sunday, July 01, 2007

Summer Lovin'

Wow--where has the first part of summer gone? I cannot believe it is already July. Summer is always so busy, I feel as if the whole month of June is one big blur. My summer has been unusually busy and there has been little time for blogging. I did, however want to share some of the things I have been loving this summer.

I was recently invited to an international beauty show where new products were being revealed, and the La Mer folks asked that none of the beauty bloggers post about the La Mer Gel until it debuted to the world. This sent some of the beauty bloggers into a tizzy --after the 30 minutes it took for the information to be translated into many different languages. They wanted to be the first to report, to have the scoop, to live out their beauty editor dreams through their blogs. It was hilarious. They were seriously mad. Since I am not a beauty blogger, I did not care--but it was rather surprising to watch these folks throw such a fit. All that aside, the new Gel De La Mer by La Mer is fabulous. Their cream is too heavy for me for the whole face, so the gel is perfect. This can be found at http://www.saks.com/ , http://www.neimanmarcus.com/ , or numerous other retailers.

I am a total sunscreen freak--especially on my face. I have about 20 different sunscreens on hand at all times. I am loving the new UV Expert 20 by Lancome. It is perfect for every day. Not too thick, goes on light, and feels nice under makeup. You can find this at http://www.lancome.com/.






These new Microdelivery Exfoliating Cloths by Philosophy are great. They are gentle, unscented, and they do what they claim to do. I use mine with the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, and used together, these 2 products work like a dream. You can get this combo at http://www.philosophy.com/ .






I love a good highlighter in the summer--just to catch some light and give a soft glow. The Bobbi Brown Eye Brightner is awesome. It is in a pot, so not nearly as convenient as the YSL Touche' Eclat, but the Bobbi Brown Eye Brightener is great none the less. You can use it lightly with you finger, but I would suggest a brush. It is light and glowy and wonderful. You can get it at http://www.bobbibrown.com/ .One of my favorite products this summer is the Method Bloq of shave cream. Summer means showing more skin, hence keeping hair off said skin. I am not good at shaving my legs--do not get me wrong--I do shave my legs, I am just not good at it. I lose interest about halfway through the first leg the I am just like -whatever. My knees--forget it. I suck at knee shaving. The new Method Shave Cream Bloq makes the tedious task less painful and the wonderful scents almost make shaving (dare I say?) enjoyable. I picked mine up at Target and I am so happy I did. The cute packaging looks great, the scents are incredible, and the price is right. You can find Method products at your local Target, or at http://www.methodhome.com/.



I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer full of all good things.

I am off on another trip this coming week to see family and friends.



Lovely Sunday to all.


(Photo credits from Saks.com, Lancome.com, philosophy.com, BobbiBrown.com, and methodhome.com)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicky said...

i love method products. i am a little chemical paranoid and i love that they are non-toxic and natural. i've tried their shower gel bloq and loved it too. and they're cleaning products are the best, better for the enviro and smell so good! i must try the philosophy set, i have been staring at it at sephora for weeks but you convinced me!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so nice to meet you at the beauty show. I must admit I was one of the miffed bloggers.
I did love putting faces to some of my favorite bloggers.

I do not like to shave my legs either. Your line about how you suck at knee shaving made me laugh and laugh.

This is Edel from Denmark by the way.
Hopefully I will see you next year in Milan!

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home