Thursday, June 21, 2007

Paris Flea Market and Jardin du Luxembourg

One of my favorite afternoons in Paris was spent strolling to the Jardin du Luxembourg. On the way, we stumbled upon a fabulous Paris Flea Market in the Saint Germain area. There were so many things I wanted to buy for my (pretend) swank apartment in the 16th Arrondissement--HA! There were beautiful antiques and pieces of art. There was furniture and a large assortment of vintage perfume bottles. It was lovely. This first photo is just me being silly outside the flea market. I mean, come on--when you see an oversized umbrella with lots of unnecessary chiffon adorning it--you must pose for a picture --right?


I was told this flea market is big by Parisian flea market standards. There were a lot of people and dogs there. Lots of cheek kissing and visiting. Everyone seemed to know everyone. This is me at the flea market swooning over all the wares.
After the flea market, we made our way to the Jardin du Luxembourg for some relaxation.

Luxembourg Garden is beautiful and huge. It is located on the Left Bank and it is where many Parisians go to exercise, or to just unwind and enjoy the greenery. There are beautiful grassy knolls, ponds surrounded by chairs for sketching , reading, kissing (so much kissing in Paris), and sleeping, as well as many gorgeous statues. It is like an outdoor gallery. We love it there.

This was a boy and girl who were practicing their juggling. They were quite good and after a while, they attracted quite a crowd.Some of the statues were adorned with modern art. It was part of a show at the Garden. I did not "get" some of the art, but it still looked cool, and I totally pretended like I "got" it.

If you have not been to Jardin du Luxembourg, I highly suggest you visit on your next trip to Paris. It is located on the Left Bank and there is no better place in Paris to relax and people watch.

Have a beautiful day!

(all photos property of ParisJasmal/MonkeyPosh LLC)

6 Comments:

Blogger violetnoir said...

Hello darling! I love the froofy parasol!

What day is the flea market?

I cracked a laugh when I read that you pretended "to get" the art. Sounds like something I would do, hee, hee!

Hugs!

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice umbrella you nerd. You look all Pollyanna in the photo.

You are so crazy!

Nice photos.
Love the statues.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I'll come visit you in your pretend uber swank apartment. Looks like a lovely day!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a shopping "friend" on jlamore.com I live in Paris and have been to where you were. Lovely pictures and statues. My name is Juliette on jlamore.com. If you like, send me an email from this page. http://www.jlamore.com/friends/confirmation.asp?psid=15

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the parasol is too cute. And it looks like a wonderful way to spend the day. Lucky you!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do I keep hearing that new Rhinnan song in my head?

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home