Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Happy 2nd Blog Birthday to MonkeyPosh!

Happy Birthday to you......

It is hard to believe it was 2 years ago today that I started this blog......my they grow up so fast. HA!

(the graphic is of the Yummy Monkey Birthday cake by Lovin' Sullivan Cakes. Lovin' Sullivan is awesome! )

In the 2 years since I started this blog, I have met many great people and had many interesting opportunities through blogging. Even though I am not a dedicated, daily blogger, it is always fun to connect with people with interestets like your own.

I have also learned there is a dark underbelly (HA) to blogging. Sometimes people grossly misrepresent themselves, which is very easy to do on the internet. The person you are taking fashion advice from, might just be an obese 60 year old man in plaid polyester pants, smoking Viceroys in their parent's basement and bumming rides to the mall from their friends. I'm just saying.
Be careful out there kids.

Today to celebrate my Blog Birthday, I want to talk about SJP...her new fragrance AND the potential Sex And The City movie.



I went shopping in Chicago this weekend with my friend Pat and her fake Kate Spade bag. I point out the bag becasue Pat uses it as a hand towel when there are no paper towels in the yucky public restrooms of Chicago, which is hilarious. Hi Pat!

While we were out and about I was pondering Sarah Jessica's new fragrance, Covet. Will it be worth the hype? Will it be better than Lovely? (God I hope so) Will I feel super edgy and cool when I wear it? (Probably not) Pat and I spoke to a lovely lady at Nordstrom who is very passionate about fragrance. She told us the commercial for Covet is very innovative and that the fragrance is deeper and richer than Lovely. She also told us that all the unsold bottles of Lovely were sent back to the manufacturer??? WHAT??? This confuses me, but she said all bottles have been pulled from all the shelves. Why would a fragrance company do that? I love the ads for Covet, and the notes sound great. I cannot wait to try it.

Now--about this damn movie.....
We have been teased about a potential movie for years, and quite honestly--I am over it.
Here is how I see it: It is like when you have a lover (for lack of better word--just bear with me) and you are crazy about said lover. You celebrate the times you have together, it is joyful, sorrowful, exciting and it is true love.
That is how I felt about Sex And The City. I loved that show....everything about that show. The clothes, the girls, the stories, the backdrop of Manhattan, the brilliant and relatable writing. Loved it all.
Then lets say that said lover breaks up with you. You know it is coming, but you cannot quite accept it. The signs are all there, but you are in love and in denial. You cannot fathom your Sunday nights without your lover (and your Riesling). Then all the movie talk, and then talk of the girls fighting, then talk of movie plans squashed. There is nothing I hate more than games. Quit playing games. Either you want to get back together or you don't. I could not take the back and forth. It was torture.
That is how I felt when HBO kept talking about the show ending. I knew, but I was devastated.
We had a Sunday night routine me and that show. Sure, it may have only been 30 minutes a week--but by God, it was quality time, and that is all that matters. All the movie talk just got my hopes up. All the drama and the fighting and subsequent ditching of the movie plans made me mad. Quit teasing bitches.
Then lets say your lover really leaves....leaves far away. You are sad, you are mad, but you know you have home videos of the good times you had together (this would be the SATC DVD's that you love and watch over and over and over). You know it will take a long time, but eventually you will heal. Other lovers will come your way (Weeds, Rome, Big Love, various network reality shows , etc) but they will pale in comparison to your true love. They will however divert your attention and help you move on.
This is how I felt when SATC ended. I tried to find another show to fill the void, and nothing happened. I had come to accept that I may never find true love again. It took a very long time, (a couple of years in fact) but I moved on, and healed. There was no more talk of lover coming back (the movie).
THEN-said lover starts calling again, and getting a freaking press junket toying with you. Trying to get you to believe they are coming back to you....but you know what? Too much time has passed. Too much Chanel No.5 under the bridge. It is over, done, you feel nothing.
That is how I feel about all the hoopla now surrounding a potential movie. I am over it. You had your chance Girls. I am done. It ended in Paris.
Now I am not saying for sure I will not go see their potential movie, but I will tell you this: I WIL NOT BE EXCITED ABOUT IT! We are still broken up.
How about you? Are you excited about the fact there is new talk of a movie, or are you over it? Or, did you never care in the first place?
I am going to spend my blog birthday sewing curtains for my kitchen and basement.
I am not crafty at all, but I do fancy myself somewhat of a seamstress....in a very remedial kind of way.
Beautiful day to all!

(photos from Lovin Sullivan Cakes, ELLE magazine, and HBO.com)

10 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Perry said...

HA! Well you warned me that the Kate Spade hand towel incident would make the blof - and so it did! I love my new T LeClerc makeup and I'm semi-obsessed with obtaining the Hadrian parfum. Quite a productive shopping day.
As for SATC, yeah, I'm with you. I lurved that show (and the chopped-up, heavily edited TBS reruns are not quite doin' it for me), but I'm trying not to think too much about the movie.

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Funky Monkey.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Happy Birthday MonkeyPosh!
My teenage daughter and I frequent your blog for all the latest styles.

One question... if you were stranded on a desert island and you could only have one parfum.. which one would you choose? (this question from my parfum obsessed teen, ha!)

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTDubs, I do NOT smoke Viceroys, I smoke Camels...nonfiltered. And, just for the record, I love my plaid pants, and when I am at home by myself, in my parent's basement, I can wear whatever I please. I'm doing just fine here, thanks. As soon as my friend picks me up to go to the mall, I'm so going to buy the new SJP perfume. My mom had to use my last bottle to spray near the litter box. 39 cats can cause a bit of a stench.

guess who... starts with a c, ends with rista...At the store with no shoes on, I get a blista... During family reunions, its cuffs to tha fista. Smokes, weinies and beer on my shopping lista.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Pat,

I am so glad you are loving your T LeClerc. It looked lovely on you. So luminous and glowy!
Keep me posted on the Hadrian.
Please do not get me started on the TBS chop job on SATC! Yick. If the movie comes out you and I can go together and act smug about it!!!

Hi Anonymous--
Thanks for the wishes!

Hello Tracy ( and teen daughter),
Thanks for visiting!
Oh gosh--what a hard question. If I were stranded on a desert island and I could only have one parfum---SKREEEEE. Only one parfum...ok deep breaths--let me collect myself!
Just kidding. To be honest, this answer would probably change weekly, but this week I am loving Annick Goutal's Eau du Sud or Creeds Aubepine Acacia. Both is them are slightly herbal and slightly citrus. Both are very fresh and clean and perfect for a desert island.
What about you and your daughter? What fragrances can you ladies not live without these days?
Thanks for such a great query!
xoxo

C-Rista-
HA--you know the friend coming to get you to take you to the mall is Prufrock! I know he is always up for a trip to the mall! You and your Camels!! You kill me! 39 cats! You are not right!
I am sending you all my Chicago coupons so get ready for about 3 weeks worth! HA!
love ya girl!

Lovely day to all!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Nicky said...

a very happy blog birthday!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Parisian Cowboy said...

I love that monkey !

6:58 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

This summer my and my daughters fav scents are, Clinique "Happy", Guerlain "Love is All" and we always love Chanel #5

7:51 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Nicky--
Thank you pretty lady! I am loving your blog this summer!

Hey Parisian Cowboy-
Thanks for stopping by again! The Monkey is cute, NO?
What is going on in Paris? Give me an update on my favorite city!

Tracy-

Ah yes, Chanel No 5....always a classic. Is Guerlain Love is All a fruity one? Usually they have such nice ones for summer.

Lovely day to all!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed your blog birthday! Happy birthday! I am right there with you on the SATC movie. I refuse it. I have my box set, and that's all I need. I never want it to lose the magic!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home