Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Crush on Mo Rocca...and yet more Chanel Tulipe Noir

Wow--this is my first blog post in a while. I know I said it before, but I have been so busy this summer. I have had very little free time--and it seems, no time for blogging. This post will be a hodge podge as a clear and precise stream of thought seems to be eluding me lately.

First off, I want to talk about Mo Rocca.

I am not one to get crushes easily, but I will tell you this: If you want me to have a crush on you, you must be smart, you must wear good shoes, and you must be funny as hell.


Incidentally, if you want me to have a crush on you, it also helps to be Jewish and/or gay. Jewish and gay are not necessarily neccessities, but they do help.

Now, about Mo---his real name is Maurice, so I am assuming he is not Jewish--however he is HILARIOUS and brilliant and he wears great shoes. He has a deadpan delivery and a slight lisp. I kinda love him. Only the rare man can pull off a bowtie. Work that bow, Mo!

I first saw Mo on the Today show a few years ago talking trash about celebrities and he nearly had Matt Lauer in tears of laughter (sidebar--I totally have a crush on Matt Lauer too). He later went on to grace The Daily Show (sidebar-I have a crush on everyone who was ever on the Daily Show--Steve Carrell, Jon Stewart, ETC). Mo also has a blog that makes me think--and laugh -http://news.aol.com/newsbloggers/bloggers/mo-rocca/. His view on news stories totally crack me up.

I have had a silent crush on Mo for about 6 years now, and I will be silent no more. He needs some kudos for his brilliance and funny hottness.

Check out his brilliant blog. You will have a crush on him too.

Here is to you Mo!

Now I want to talk some more about Chanel Tulipe Noir. After I blogged about it the first time, I got some e-mails asking me what it looked like on my nails. It does look different on the nail than it does in the bottle. I finally got a manicure, so I am not ashamed to show a photo.

This is 2 different views of my paw and the Chanel Tulipe Noir. It is pretty, but not earth shattering. It looks a lot like a few polishes I already own. It reminds me a little of OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress. What do you guys think?


I am sure I will wear this a lot this fall, and I am happy to have it, but I guess I was just expecting something more unique and special. I do really like it though. It is becoming more and more hard to find--so snatch some up if you find it.

Lovely day to all!
(photos from Comedy Central and Parisjasmal/MonkeyPosh LLC)

10 Comments:

Blogger violetnoir said...

Hello darling J!

First of all, I hereby acknowledge your shout-out to me in your recent posting. Thank you so much for thinking about me, babe!

Hmmm...Mo Rocca, huh? Never heard of him, J! And, I thought I was oh-so "au current", lol! I'll have to do some more research on Mr. Rocca.

I love the Tulipe Noir on your nails. It looks fairly boring, at least to me, in the bottle. I saw it on a perfume friend the other day, and it looked nice, but even she admitted it was just okay. But against your skin tone, it looks lovely. Very pretty and flattering!

I will email you later on this week, love.

Hugs and love!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You nutball! Is Tom Ford Jewish?
Is Jeremy Piven?
You are so crazy. I have no idea who Mo is. I will look him up.

Your manicure looks so nice. Do you also have it on your toes.

Hasta/this is Penelope.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I will be sure to check out Mo's blog!

Maybe it's because I'm just not ready for fall, but I'm not in love with the Noir. I'm sure I'll change my mind sometime around October.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That shade of Chanel definitely didn't turn out as dark as I expected it to. Good to know! Hope you're having a great summer.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen

I never really paid much attention to Mo Rocca. I will pay closer attention now.
I never knew you had such pretty fingers.
Not that I have a finger fetish or anything.
Guess Who?

6:25 AM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I'm cracking up at your anonymous poster.... with the finger fetish. I love the color on your hands. But... you could dip your fingers in grease, and you would still be be-you-teeful to me.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

**Dearest Violet Noir-

Thanks for stopping by and I am glad you saw your Parisian shout out! Thanks for giving me such a great report on your trip.
Yes--the Tulipe Noir is not as exciting as I expected. Now what Chanel needs to do is get a nail color called Violet Noire and you know it will be the sexiest, most awesome color to ever grace a nail...YOU KNOW IT!
Hope you are having a wonderful week. Stay cool--Angela told me your neck of the woods has been SO HOT and HUMID! Yuck!
Much love to you and the family!

**Hello Anon/Penelope
Tom Ford grew in in Texas so my best guess is that he is not Jewish....but Tom IS gay.
Jeremy Piven --of course he is Jewish...however I do not think he is gay. Thanks for the nice words about the manicure.

**Hi Mary-
Mo is quirky funny. I know what you mean about not being ready for fall. I dread the long cold winter. Speaking of nail polish--the one you gave Glozell's Mother is **perfect**. You have the BEST taste!

**Hi Jamie-
Thanks for dropping by. The Tulipe Noir is lighter than I expected too. It looks good on pale skin though--as you can see. You could totally rock it.
How is Mr. Doc? I hope he is doing well. I hope you are enjoying your summer too!

**Hello Anon-
Ok--are you Curtis/Lost Okie?
I know Lost Okie totally has a foot/pedicure fetish...so my best guess is Curtis? Bueller... Bueller... Anyone...Anyone??

**Hello Christa-Love!
How are you? I think the anon poster is Curtis....or it could be some other eccentric Philangee Fetish Person! You are too kind, and I think I might dip my fingers in grease tonight to cure my damn dry cuticles. Thanks for the idea! HA!
Hope you and the beautiful family are doing well!
xoxoxo

7:17 PM  
Blogger k said...

my friend sarah calls the guys i like "just gay enough." i think mo falls into this category. i'll have to add him to my comprehensive list.
and i like the polish, but i don't love it. at least you know the name of it. i picked out a polish at my pedicure the other day and i forgot to look at the name- i hate when i do that!

9:16 PM  
Blogger Joanna Schmidt said...

I absolutely LOVE that color!

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say that Mo is awesome, and I just might have a bit of a crush on him as well.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home