Friday, July 13, 2007

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plaines...

I just returned home from a trip to Oklahoma to spend time with my Grandma Hazel who has always been my favorite family member. Grandma has had some recent health issues and had us all worried, but with physical therapy she is bouncing back and she is as ornery as ever. She just turned 93 years old on June 23--bless her heart!


This is Grandma copping a gang sign. She is just keeping it real while waiting to kick some ass at Bingo--that's how Hazel rolls.
We got to spend a lovely afternoon with my Uncle and Cousins. This is such a sweet photo.This is Grandma in California earlier this year at a birthday party. Honestly she had no idea she was drinking beer. She kept calling it tea. This photo CRACKS ME UP! Rock on Hazel! I am thinking seriously about using this picture as my holiday card this year.

I was also able to hang out with some of my high school friends on this trip to Oklahoma. We had people come in from everywhere for this little party--Arizona, Florida, Texas, Illinois, etc. This is me with my 2 beautiful friends Kristi and Michelle.
My lovely friend Misty and Me being silly.

This is a photo of a bunch of us "cackling" as one guy said. He actually called us the Witches of Eastwick! HA! I could barely breathe the whole time because we were all laughing so hard.

It was a great trip. I do not get back to Oklahoma nearly enough to see my family and friends.

I want to thank all of them for such a nice time.

This has been a VERY busy summer. I have been traveling and working, then traveling for work. I will be very happy to just have a long stretch of sleeping in my own bed.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.

Oh and R--if you are in Paris--I hope you are having a wonderful time!

Oh and Christa--I missed you!

(all photos property of MonkeyPosh LLC)

7 Comments:

Blogger MISS S said...

RAISE THE ROOF FOR GMA HAZEL!!!!! She probably wanted you to think she was drinking tea! She being all slick and stuff! That is a precious little girl. I am glad u had fun with your peeps!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a Scranton Party!

4:28 AM  
Blogger k said...

hazel is my new favorite person!

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Grandma, and you and your friends are gorgeous.

Hope you had fun.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

Hazel is my hero! I want to drink tea with Hazel! Cracking up! I missed you too friend. Damn Damn Damn. Good pics. Especially of Hazel, a.k.a. leader of the Rolling 90's gang, southside OKC.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Go Hazel...how fun! Glad you enjoyed your trip!!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Grandma Hazel knows how to rock and roll! What a wonderful trip you had. You make Oklahoma look very cool.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home